Saleen Retires.

Started by F Body, May 16, 2007, 01:57:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

Yep Steve Saleen who made Edges tangerine dream has retired

Steve Saleen has announced his official retirement from Saleen, Inc., the company he founded 23 years ago, he will be stepping back while maintaining a role as "corporate spokesperson and ambassador for the brand."

Since he's still a major shareholder in the company, Saleen will have influence over product design, branding, marketing and other activities related to the biz.

Roadkill

I thought this thread was gonna be an announcement from Edge that he's given up with the Mussie and finally got himself a real car.

Oh well.

EDGE

DAMNIT...

I was hoping to go to Irvine this October (as part of my honeymoon) to get Steve to sign the glove box lid of my car.... DAGNAMIT !!!!!!

Fieldy

Quoting: Roadkill
I thought this thread was gonna be an announcement from Edge that he's given up with the Mussie and finally got himself a real car.

Me too....Thought he was gonna say something like
'Ok guys, I give up'

Quoting: EDGE
I was hoping to go to Irvine this October (as part of my honeymoon) to get Steve to sign the glove box lid of my car.... DAGNAMIT !!!!!!

I know it's not the same, but the company are still running, couldn't you try ans get a company sig?

.....I will sign it

EDGE

lol... i hear what you're saying, but it's not quite the same... i wanted to take it over to joe and chicane too, as he actually built the car !!! that'd be pretty cool :)

Fieldy

That would've be cool.....

Give him A ring. tell him it was A honeymoon present and you feel he's being very selfish by retiring and not signing you glove box

seriously.....e-mail him!

EDGE

Titsy

Quoting: Fieldy
Give him A ring. tell him it was A honeymoon present and you feel he's being very selfish by retiring and not signing you glove box

Get the misses to do is.... Say it's a supprise for you....

EDGE

thats not a bad idea !!!!!!

Titsy

Quoting: EDGE
thats not a bad idea !!!!!!

Of course, I thought of it.....

EDGE

talking of which... i need to have a look in to these things we mentioned on saturday, like the LC... do you think you can refurb one of those dead boxes ???

Titsy

Titsy

We'd need to fix the ABS sensors at very least though...

Fieldy

Quoting: Titsy
Of course, I thought of it.....

EDGE

Quoting: Titsy
We'd need to fix the ABS sensors at very least though...

i think the ones on the back work ......

im not overly confident about cutting the fuel though... is that the only way they work ???

Titsy

Yup, it is a complet misfire though, so there is no risk of running lean... take a read through the website, that should put your mind at ease... The FAQ's are worth a look...

http://www.racelogic.co.uk/?show=Traction_Control\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">Racelogic TC

Shifty

Now he has retired this could cause the value of the existing vehicles to increase. Maybe.