Ludites !

Started by F Body, May 13, 2007, 10:38:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

A have more than a passing interest in a 1972 Boat tail Riviera, new California import, taxed ( free ) and one years MOT £4,995.
For sale by Gresty Road Motors in Crewe, no website, no pictures but I can book to go up and see it

Jeeze boys get with the programme - broadband for the sale

Roadkill

HardRockCamaro

If a company isn't on the interweb they don't get my money.
And a single page with just their name and a phone number doesn't cut it neither.

Still, hopefully those who refuse to enter the 21st century will go under and be replaced by more enlightened peeps.

philoldsmobile

Quoting: HardRockCamaro
If a company isn't on the interweb they don't get my money.
And a single page with just their name and a phone number doesn't cut it neither.

Still, hopefully those who refuse to enter the 21st century will go under and be replaced by more enlightened peeps.

agreed... ditto 'cash only'

the only reason to accept cash only is to dodge tax.. what else have they dodged?

FUBAR

Quoting: philoldsmobile
agreed... ditto 'cash only'

the only reason to accept cash only is to dodge tax.. what else have they dodged?

Does that really grind your gears m8?...
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

philoldsmobile

ya know....... it does!

Fieldy

http://imageshack.us\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">

EDGE

Motorama

Quoting: F Body
A have more than a passing interest in a 1972 Boat tail Riviera, new California import, taxed ( free ) and one years MOT £4,995.
For sale by Gresty Road Motors in Crewe, no website, no pictures but I can book to go up and see it  

Jeeze boys get with the programme - broadband for the sale

You could be missing out just cos the guy cant email pics. I've picked up many a bargain cos i can be bothered to drive out and take a look.

F Body

Quoting: Motorama
You could be missing out just cos the guy cant email pics. I've picked up many a bargain cos i can be bothered to drive out and take a look.

My experience is the other way round, when I was looking for a Z28 I even travelled up to Manchester to see a mint example from GM's only authorised American Car dealer.
No photo's only the mileage/spec and the dealers assurance it was mint and not to be missed.
It was a dog and wasn't worth half of what they were asking, had a similar experience with STS Imports and a few others.
Basically if they can't be bothered to provide the information :

A/ They really don't care.

B / What have they got to hide ?

So it "may" be possible with a private sale but very unlkiely with a trader sale

Roadkill

Quoting: F Body
So it "may" be possible with a private sale but very unlkiely with a trader sale

In my experience this is the case . . a private seller often is lazy about details but a trader will only omit info if it suits.

Motorama

Gotta go with your gut feeling i guess when its your hard earned folding.