Should Motor Sport be banned ?

Started by F Body, June 07, 2007, 12:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

Well the Scottish Hearld thinks so, here's a couple of quotes from there balanced article

"Motorsport is the most wasteful, harmful, pointless leisure pursuit on the planet"

"F1 cars - and we don't mean to pick on one branch of motorsport, but figures are more readily available - emit around 1500g of carbon dioxide per kilometre, almost nine times more than the average new road vehicle"

"Max Mosley, the president of the FIA (and son of British Fascist leader Sir Oswald, but that has nothing to do with this subject . . . probably) gave an interview last week on formula1.com, admitting that his sport must change"

Be interested to see what car the author drives and if he fly's away on holiday

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/headlines/display.var.1444283.0.0.php\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/headlines/display.var.1444283.0.0.php

rebeltrucker

Im guessing he hugs a tree every morning...

F Body

Quoting: rebeltrucker
Im guessing he hugs a tree every morning...

and

rebeltrucker

Shifty

has anyone tried reading all the comments below the artical, man that was a lot of reading and some interesting points have been raised.

Give it a go, just read the frist 10 or so.

F Body

Quoting: Shifty
Give it a go

Yes but they are Scottish

Disclaimer : Any banter contained in this post is the authors personal opinion and is not meant to cause offence to any person, animal, vegtable, mineral, ginger haired person or god.

Shifty

still makes for a really entertaining read,

The poor journalist is basically getting the slating of his life, and so he should "ban motor sport" what a ludicrous idea.

sixpack2639

Not a fan of F1 raceing but to even think of banning it.....

They do have some awesome wrecks though.

Shifty

Quoting: sixpack2639
Not a fan of F1

Me to, ban motorsport thats just plain rediculous, what a stupid thing to suggest. This guy is a bafoon.

Just trying to jump on the eco band wagon, that or he's trying to make a name for himself. The sad reality is that bad press is good press and more people will read the paper for this artical (today atleast). The journalist will probably come out smelling of roses, much like that dopey bint jade goode (sp?), thick as sh!t yet still made it big off the back of it.

Roadkill

Quoting: Bill Irvine
And golfing - hows that for pointlessness. Millions driving ( in their cars) millions of miles in order to abuse a little ball all the way round an artificial bit of landscaping just to end up where they started.

Fieldy

I laughed at that post to RK....

Stupid Scottish People

(I'm 1/2 Glasweigen so can say that )

Roadkill

It was outlawed in 1955 following the crash in that year's Le Mans 24 Hours that killed over 80 spectators along with Mercedes driver Pierre Levegh.

Ooo, Nasty.

art b

This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

F Body

Quoting: art b
ive seen the footage of the 55 le-mans accident horrific scene,

I thought you were there...................racing

sixpack2639