eBay US

Started by Banjo, June 23, 2007, 07:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banjo

A few months ago I decided I'd had enough of waiting up til 2/3/4am to bid on parts on eBay US to end up losing out by $1 or fall asleep on my computer, etc. Most of you probably know about it already but if not, try http://www.gixen.com.\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">www.gixen.com. It bids on your behalf automatically, it's free, it's extremely reliable (it has bid for me and I've won every time I've used it) and you get a good night's sleep and (hopefully) good news in the morning. If you haven't already, check it out

EDGE

i wish i'd known about that a few years ago.  I was watching a new grill for my truck, which was very rare so i needed to win it.  Turned out we were at a wedding in Norfolk on the evening it finished... but it didnt finish until 4am or so....

so after the wedding i unpacked the laptop and us robotics modem i took with me, heaved out the hotel room phone and set my alarm for 3.45... i woke up, bidded, won and went back to sleep.... only to wake up again at 5.45 to bid on the headers that were finishing at 6..... Gemma was not overly impressed.....

still..... won the grill at least :)

ianjpage

Quoting: EDGE

i wish i'd known about that a few years ago. I was watching a new grill for my truck, which was very rare so i needed to win it. Turned out we were at a wedding in Norfolk on the evening it finished... but it didnt finish until 4am or so....

so after the wedding i unpacked the laptop and us robotics modem i took with me, heaved out the hotel room phone and set my alarm for 3.45... i woke up, bidded, won and went back to sleep.... only to wake up again at 5.45 to bid on the headers that were finishing at 6..... Gemma was not overly impressed.....

Quoting: Banjo

A few months ago I decided I'd had enough of waiting up til 2/3/4am to bid on parts on eBay US to end up losing out by $1 or fall asleep on my computer, etc. Most of you probably know about it already but if not, try http://www.gixen.com.\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">www.gixen.com. It bids on your behalf automatically, it's free, it's extremely reliable (it has bid for me and I've won every time I've used it) and you get a good night's sleep and (hopefully) good news in the morning. If you haven't already, check it out

kewl made a note of that one!!

Roadkill

I used auction sniper once - worked fine but I tend to prefer sitting up to bid.

I crave the adrenaline !

Fieldy

Quoting: EDGE
i wish i'd known about that a few years ago. I was watching a new grill for my truck, which was very rare so i needed to win it. Turned out we were at a wedding in Norfolk on the evening it finished... but it didnt finish until 4am or so....

Banjo

Used Gixen again last night and won brand new pair of edelbrock shocks for £68 including delivery. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

PS. Respect to the adrenalin junkies but the auction finished at 4.30am, it would have coused me muchos pain to stay up/get up for that. Plus I get all the excitement I need every time I try to guide my car-boat around a corner without the door handles touching the tarmac........

Roadkill

Quoting: Banjo
I get all the excitement I need every time I try to guide my car-boat around a corner without the door handles touching the tarmac........

Try driving a Cadillac on 50 year old suspension !

Cunning Plan

Quoting: Gixen.com
Do it yourself at eBay. Wait until 10 seconds before the en..
Advantage: Some people find it exciting.

1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

F Body

Quoting: Roadkill
Try driving a Cadillac on 50 year old suspension !

You mean it's got suspension , I thought it was a Tiller you had in your hands