Weather was rather wet today ?

Started by F Body, July 20, 2007, 01:08:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

Flooding outside work in Luton this afternoon

The car park steps turned into a Waterfall :

Well it is Summer

Amey

Yeap, Swindon has basically come to a standstill.
Most of the main roads around swindon have been closed.
Quite a lot of people left early, but came back to work after a few hours because they weren't even able to get out of the estate.
I should have finished at 6:30pm. Just thinking about leaving now, but gunna get a lift home and pick up the maro over the weekend.

Here's a pic showing part of swindon

Allanv

i got home ok but took me a while thanks Vicky for covering me when i left early.

the A419 was a nightmare and the M4 well thats another story i came off at J18 for bath as it was getting serious and i have been driving for eons with big rigs cars etc but today scared me,

Amey

Quoting: Allanv
i got home ok but took me a while thanks Vicky for covering me when i left early.

Thats OK. Just glad you got home OK.
Ben let the other 2 Bristol guys go home about an hour after you left

a91_formula

Took us 5.5 hours to get home from Bracknell to Swindon

It almost seemed that our house was an island and all roads to it were blocked.  Walked through the door at 9.30 to some very hungry cats.
1998 Fiero GT (my toy)
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 (Hubbys new toy!)

http://www.solent-renegades.co.uk

nick69

Weird, a bit of rain here in Wiltshire/Somerset  (trowbridge) but no where near flooding. I live next to a River too!!!!

F Body

Gambled with the weather today :dice:

Went outside at 6am this morning and painted all the fences and both sheds with that water based sprayable paint, finished just in time to watch the GP at 13:00pm.

The forecast was showers at 16:00pm but it's still dry and sunny now, so if it doesn't rain before the morning it should all be fine for another year

Fieldy

ianjpage

what a wierd weekend weather wise....torrentional rain, showers then hotsun on sunday!!!