Which one is really Smart ?

Started by F Body, August 22, 2007, 03:16:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

Take a quick look at the pic above, would you be able to tell which one is the Smart ForTwo from Mercedes-Benz and which is the Shuanghuan Noble ?
Mercedes is apparently concerned enough about that question that it may be filing a lawsuit over the issue.
Automotive News is reporting that Benz may be working to block European sales of this Chinese microcar because of how similar it is to the Smart ForTwo (right).

The Shuanghuan Noble (left) is set to debut next month in Frankfurt. While there's no doubt they are very similar, it should be noted that the Noble is a four seater and that it will sell for a paltry 7,000 euros

Cunning Plan

Quoting: F Body
Noble is a four seater

How can that fit 4 seats in??

Thing is most cars look very similar now with styling, the only thing here that is very similar is the shape..  The Toyota Aygo looks fairly similar too..

Not sure why you would want a car so small in the first place

1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

Incursus

Quoting: Cunning Plan
Not sure why you would want a car so small in the first place

I love these little cars....

....More room on the road for the rest of us with real cars
(Que the Mustang jibes)

EDGE

i think for city commuting they're fine, i just wouldn't want to get hit by anything larger than a 2 year old on a tricycle...

EDGE

the smart crash test safety is bad enough, i DREAD to think what the chinese knock off will look like after a 30mph chinese car meets garbage truck incident !!!

Roadkill

4 seats ? fook me . . . . mind you - they're smaller over in China.