Rockys Trans am Project

Started by Rocky, September 02, 2007, 12:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocky

Well thought i would start showing a bit of progress on the TA had all the documentation through proving its a Y88 Gold special edition so have been cleaning up parts and collecting bits from the States for it.Years of grime soon came off with my favorite cleaners.
Shows how much paint was used over the gold and chrome

Roadkill

Those visors came up sweet.  Whatcha use ?

F Body

Quoting: Rocky
so have been cleaning up parts

Your'll be putting me to shame if you carry on like that

ianjpage

Rocky

The secret is TFR cleaner what they use on the side of trucks, just put it on let it eat the dirt a bit then wipe off, you can put mouldy light lenses in it over night and they will come up like new in the morning, its what car valeters use before polishing.Its probably the best stuff to use on engines too.

Roadkill

Jamieg285

TFR cleaner

I was wondering what that stuff the pro car cleaners used.

Now I know

Rocky

Traffic film remover is the way to remove all chemicals eg polish waxes and silicone before bodywork or waxing car also great on wheels, they use it on trucks so you dont even have to wipe it it just pressure washes off

Roadkill

Cool, gonna buy me some of that sh!t.

ianjpage

yeah does look the business!!

Rocky

55starchief

Yup TFR is about £25 for 25l

Its a great cleaner but no way would i use it all the time on any car of mine as it dulls the paint like hell. It basicaly strips everything off which on comercial vehicles doesnt matter to much but on your pride and joy not for me.

Rob

we get it in 25l drums

We get it by the lorry load.......(Train Carriage Wash Plant)

I wouldn't use it either though......