Main Menu

£50m Fine

Started by 55starchief, September 13, 2007, 06:11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

55starchief

Hell they should have been banned. F1 is one of the most corupt sports on the planet. The whole thing is based on cheating and getting away with it

Titsy

Quoting: 55starchief
The whole thing is based on cheating and getting away with it

Err... I thought you would have known better than that....

All motorsport is based on cheating and getting away with it...

Titsy

My question is where is the £50m going...

55starchief

Quoting: Titsy
All motorsport is based on cheating and getting away with it...

Indeed but F1 claims to be whiter than white

Toyota got a 3 year ban from the WRC and havnt returned even though they are cleared to do so

Roadkill

So . . . . what did they do wrong ?

55starchief

the chief designer of ferrari gave the chief designer of mclarren the blueprints to the ferrari car in its simplest form

Finlay

50m .... lol I would tell them to fook off and defect to a real race series!

If the Fa-farty team can not keep the design under wraps that's there fault.

And whats the use of a book full of go slower parts, its like a Chevy guy lookind to Ford for help..lol (Jkin)

F Body

Bernie's back pocket - Like he needs the money

Although I like to think I'm an F1 fan it's getting so far up it's own backside they can't see the light

If you want to see racing look at Formula Palmer

http://www.formula-palmer-audi.co.uk/\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.formula-palmer-audi.co.uk/

Shifty

All motor racing is entertaining in comparison to F1, the Brute Ute's they run in Australia is particularly entertaining.

Personally I cant relate to open wheel vehicle racing and it's all just boring to me, DTM, BTCC, ALMS, WRC, LMEC, Nations Cup, British GT, V8 Supercars etc.... they are all far more entertaining to watch than the time trial that is Formula W4nk.

Just my

Cunning Plan

Quoting: Shifty
V8 Supercars etc

Yup, lots of stuff going on they dont have enough cameras to get it all!

1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

Jamieg285

The fine is being offset against the loss of revenues they would have received for coming 1st in the championship - which co-incidentatlly is roughly £50m.

All the other teams will now bump one place up the charts, and get a bigger share of the pot than they were getting.

Who profits the most, yes, you guessed it - Ferrari.

Kenny

the chief designer of ferrari gave the chief designer of mclaren the blueprints to the ferrari car in its simplest form

Quoting: Jamieg285
Who profits the most, yes, you guessed it - Ferrari

that sounds like Ferrari tactics all over.  They probably planned this years ago as a backup if Mclarren ever started winning again.

not watched F1 for about 5yrs, once you've seen one season, you've seen them all...

55starchief

Quoting: Jamieg285
The fine is being offset against the loss of revenues they would have received for coming 1st in the championship - which co-incidentatlly is roughly £50m.

Not according to eddie jordan, he says that they will loose another £35m due to the loss of constructor points.

Quoting: F Body
Bernie's back pocket - Like he needs the money

Er bernie has nothing to do with the FIA mate, the FIA covers all international motorsport so the money will go into helping those injured etc that the FIA supports

55starchief

Well it doesnt look to good for the future either

WORLD MOTOR SPORT COUNCIL

An extraordinary meeting of the World Motor Sport Council was held in Paris on 13 September, 2007. The following decision was taken:

"The WMSC has stripped Vodafone McLaren Mercedes of all constructor points in the 2007 FIA Formula One World Championship and the team can score no points for the remainder of the season.*

"Furthermore, the team will pay a fine equal to $100m, less the FOM income lost as a result of the points deduction.

"However, due to the exceptional circumstances in which the FIA gave the team's drivers an immunity in return for providing evidence, there is no penalty in regard to drivers' points.**

"The WMSC will receive a full technical report on the 2008 McLaren car and will take a decision at its December 2007 meeting as to what sanction, if any, will be imposed on the team for the 2008 season."

The full reasons for this decision will be issued on 14th September 2007.

*Points gained by other teams so far this season will not be affected.
**No McLaren representative will be allowed on the podium should a McLaren driver win in any of the remaining races of the 2007 season.

Motorama

Quoting: Shifty
Personally I cant relate to open wheel vehicle racing and it's all just boring to me, DTM, BTCC, ALMS, WRC, LMEC, Nations Cup, British GT, V8 Supercars etc.... they are all far more entertaining to watch than the time trial that is Formula W4nk.

philoldsmobile

Hell they should have been banned. F1 is one of the most corupt sports on the planet. The whole thing is based on cheating and getting away with it

F1 is a sport? i thought it was all about TV ratings and marketing!