Main Menu

Yippee

Started by Jamieg285, September 13, 2007, 09:40:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamieg285

I'm a happy chappie.

After missing out on the 1st 3 lottery draws to buy tickets, I have just managed to buy some tickets to see the 1st regular season NFL game to be held outside of the US.  Miami Dolpins vs NY Giants @ Wembley, 28th October 2007.

This isn't a friendly, 'try out the 3rd string players' like we used to get in the American Bowl, but a proper game where a win means something to both sides.

It did cost a little more than I had hoped, as I had to go for the more expensive Club Wembley tickets, but what the hell - I'm going

F Body

Quoting: Jamieg285
to see the 1st regular season NFL game to be held outside of the US. Miami Dolpins vs NY Giants @ Wembley, 28th October 2007.

I hate to highlight my complete lack of knowledge/interest in sport but is this Baseball

55starchief

Way to go mate, i will be watching it on the big screen at home.

Must admit i really do need to go see another live game.

I just cant see it being the same over here as it is in the usa. Im sure the local police will try to stop any tailgate parties with some bullshit law.

Having been to a game in the US its awesome 86,000 people all having a good time with no BS and the party was awesome before the game

55starchief

Quoting: F Body

I hate to highlight my complete lack of knowledge/interest in sport but is this Baseball

No its football

Jamieg285

Quoting: 55starchief
Must admit i really do need to go see another live game.

I just cant see it being the same over here as it is in the usa. Im sure the local police will try to stop any tailgate parties with some bullshit law.

Having been to a game in the US its awesome 86,000 people all having a good time with no BS and the party was awesome before the game

I have to agree with most of that.  It's my big chance to see a proper live game, as a trip to the States is not likely for a long time now the kids are here.  

It may not live up to the real US experience, but it's the best we're going to get.

There's been plenty of talk about tailgate parties, so we'll have to see what happens when we get there.

F Body

No its football

The Body Armour Type

I went to watch Basketball in Detriot ( Detriot Pistons v New York Yankees I think ). It was really good, one thing the Yanks know how to do is make a great day out
It's not quite the same watching Watford FC with a dodgy burger costing £3  and bottle of Coke £2

Rob

No its football

No its EGGball

55starchief

Quoting: Rob

No its EGGball

better than fagball which is all that people seem intrested in over here

sixpack2639

Detriot Pistons v New York Yankees I think

Martyn, did you mean the Detroit Pistons v New York Knicks?!?!?!

The New York Yankees are a BASEBALL team, not BASKETBALL.

F Body

Quoting: sixpack2639
Martyn, did you mean the Detroit Pistons v New York Knicks?!?!?!

I hate to highlight my complete lack of knowledge/interest in sport

May be

sixpack2639

Don't feel bad mate, I had to go to http://www.nba.com\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">www.nba.com to make sure meself......I thought the Detroit Pistons were a Hockey team.

sixpack2639

I don't do sports either.........unless it's MOTORSPORTS!!!!!

F Body

Quoting: sixpack2639
I don't do sports either.........unless it's MOTORSPORTS!!!!!

Flip Martian

better than fagball which is all that people seem intrested in over here

The mentality that allows you to think its normal to play a regular league game of your national sport in another country is probably why Reading FC's goalkeeper has suggested we play some Premiership games in the States...

God help us and save us...

55starchief

Quoting: Flip Martian
The mentality that allows you to think its normal to play a regular league game of your national sport in another country is probably why Reading FC's goalkeeper has suggested we play some Premiership games in the States...

The travel difference would be no more than the east coast teams flying across to the west coast tp play as they do through out the season

Roadkill

is this Baseball

No its football

No.  It's """Football"""

art b

each to there own i suppose,
last time i saw american rugby,
they dressed up in funny hats,and padded shirts, ran about for 30 seconds,all stood round,then ran the other way for 30 seconds.......zzzzzzzzz
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

55starchief

Quoting: art b
last time i saw american rugby,
they dressed up in funny hats,and padded shirts, ran about for 30 seconds,all stood round,then ran the other way for 30 seconds.......zzzzzzzzz

i think this sums up that quote quite well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sybFfI5gWso\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sybFfI5gWso

Losty

stupid asshat americans calling it "foot-ball" anyway where actually using your foot on the ball makes up a total of about .5% of the stretched out to 4 hours of  60 minutes play

I used to watch it, when John Elway was teh pwn with Denver Broncos

Incursus

Quoting: Giles from Buffet the Vampire Shagger
"I just think it's rather odd that a nation which prides itself on its virility should feel compelled to strap on forty pounds of protective gear just in order to play rugby,"

Try playing 5-a-side again 6'6"+ German's who are slight miffed that were our oddball team who had one practice session and were out on the piss till 3am were wining

I hate football but I must admit I had a blast playing football with the company over the weekend

2nd Place 4tehalmostwin!! Our first time in the tournament

Roadkill

Quoting: Giles from Buffet the Vampire Shagger
"I just think it's rather odd that a nation which prides itself on its virility should feel compelled to strap on forty pounds of protective gear just in order to play rugby,"

BURN !!!