Christmas has come early.

Started by F Body, October 12, 2007, 12:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

F Body

Screen fitted

Really not sure about fitting the tank pad ?
No where near as good a colour match as the last

F Body

Removed the rubber edge it looked crap

art b

you mind that sharp edge....................... [mr h&s ]

nice bit of work there where do you get ya stuff from,
and which bike shops are around mk,beds,herts etc..we have no large bike shops left around here..
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

55starchief

Quoting: art b
hich bike shops are around mk,beds,herts etc..we have no large bike shops left around here..

er what about macsport in brackley? thats frikin huge and there is another in the highstreet run by the guys who used to own macsport

F Body

where do you get ya stuff from,

All the bits are Motrax, they don't sell direct to the public but through motorcycle shops. The screen I ordered through Flitwick Motorcycles Wed morning and it came in this morning
Most of the small stuff and is held in stock at the motorcycles shops

http://www.motrax.co.uk\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">www.motrax.co.uk

F Body

Handgrips done and tank pad thrown in the bin

Just couldn't cover all the marks, so I've been at the tank with rubbing compound

End result is dam fine, only one touch up mark ( all by the 1st owner ) left visable
Dare not rub any more because the paint ain't that thick, not gonna bother with any more pads, I'll live with the defects

Edit : Just checked the receipt for the new bits, the screen was listed @ £49.99 , the grips @ £8.99 & the Tank pad @£9.99......

They charged me a total of £54.97

Cheap is good, free is better

Big Mouse

and which bike shops are around mk,beds,herts etc..we have no large bike shops left around here..

Isn't there a large bike shop behind the BP garage at wavendon on the 421 leading up to Jcn 13? Used to be a Little Chef?

ianjpage

Roadkill

Quoting: F Body
Really not sure about fitting the tank pad ?

Why don't you avoid trying to match and, say, go for a black pad ?

philoldsmobile

Quoting: 55starchief
er what about macsport in brackley? thats frikin huge and there is another in the highstreet run by the guys who used to own macsport

the one in the high street is keep biking, where dad bought the bandit from, really good, and helpfull, but like macsport, only really geared towards bike sales, with a limited range of clothing and accessories..

the bike shops up north redefine bike shops, the nearest we had around here was M&P (later riverside) in Northampton, the accessories / clothing section was bigger than the bike section

philoldsmobile

screen looks good, finishes it off nicely

F Body

Quoting: philoldsmobile
screen looks good, finishes it off nicely

Haven't had a chance to test it yet but I'm told it makes cruising up to 80mph fine

Workshop manual and new can cover gaskets came today, seeing as only the rear one is leaking and the front one is impossible to get to without dismantling the whole cooling system, it's only the rear gasket which is getting changed

FUBAR

There's "On a Mission" Motorcycles in Bletchley (Fenny?) too, thats where matt gets his stuff from when he needs it.
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...