songs you haven't heard in ages, then found.....

Started by philoldsmobile, November 01, 2007, 02:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadkill

Hmm, that song really wasn't released on any CD I can find . . . Odd it's the better of the two on the single, IMO, yet it's the B-Side.

The A-Side is available on CD . . . Alas, the LP will do.

Rob

Quoting: Roadkill
Alas, the LP will do.

I have a standalone CDR if you want it ripped to CD/MP3...

Roadkill

Sniped you Sucka !

Quoting: Rob
I have a standalone CDR if you want it ripped to CD/MP3...

Cheers, mate - that'd be much appreciated.

ianjpage

Roadkill

Yup.  THe PC's paused a few times while I was on the forum but thankfully didn't while I was bidding.

Hence I left a margin of 5 seconds . . . . Normally I aim for sub-three seconds.

ianjpage

Yup. THe PC's paused a few times while I was on the forum but thankfully didn't while I was bidding.

phew!!!

Hence I left a margin of 5 seconds . . . . Normally I aim for sub-three seconds.

hehe sneaky!

Roadkill

Alas, the LP will do.

Well, it arrived, super-fast, last week.

Have now listened to it round my parents' and it's in excellent condition.

One song has a crackle near the end (beyond what's expected) but it hasn't been cleaned as of yet.

Gonna head on over to eBay now and see if I can find some Emitex record cloths . . . .

All-round happy chappy.

Will be happier when I have it on iTunes.

And why isn't this in Music and Movies, PhilO ?

Roadkill

Gonna head on over to eBay now and see if I can find some Emitex record cloths . . .

O.K, apparently Emitex hasn't existed for years . . . but there is an alternative brand . . . which I can't find the name of.

However, it contained "calotherm" which made it so good AND I have found someone on ebay .co.uk selling cloths with calotherm in so fingers crossed.

Roadkill

I have found someone on ebay .co.uk selling cloths with calotherm in

(Obviously for £2.49 B.I.N I have purchased one).

- My Dad can have it after.

55starchief

Gonna head on over to eBay now and see if I can find some Emitex record cloths . . . .

If you have LP's that need cleaning we have a nitty gritty LP cleaning machine at work that cost some stupid amount of money and just collects dust

55starchief

Also if you want it ripped to CD we have a marantz pro CDR which cost us £10k 15 years ago which we use to copy vinyl from our linn LP12 turntable with an SME V arm and Koetsu urushi cartridge. Total cost would be about another £8k

Roadkill

I don't know what any of that stuff is . . . . but does it mean you can copy it for me with results which are likely to be better then what I can acheive ?

55starchief

I don't know what any of that stuff is . . . . but does it mean you can copy it for me with results which are likely to be better then what I can acheive ?

almost definatly mate

Roadkill

O.K, then I'll pick the LP up from my parents' place and let you have a go at it, then.

55starchief

O.K, then I'll pick the LP up from my parents' place and let you have a go at it, then.

okies, i will clean it 1st, the nitty gritty is a wet wash and vacuumes the dirt out, bloody noisey but cool as hell.

I will see if i can get all the stuff and take it home or bring it over to yours, its not like it gets used a lot, the Turntable is under a stack of CD's and the CDR is in the cupboard

Will need some blanks if you have them

Roadkill

Quoting: 55starchief
Will need some blanks if you have them

Dunno . . . I'll have a look . . . . .

Incursus

My Dad has some shockily embarasing, Black disk things with a hole in the middle that he would be interested in transfering to some of them new fangled CD wotsits.

While you've got the gear, if its ok?

I'm guessing you have to Dub at normal play speed?

55starchief

Quoting: Incursus

yup, it takes an age. You have to time each track then record it and count down so as to get a track break. so you can easily kiss goodbye to a morning

Incursus

Quoting: 55starchief
Quoting: Incursus

yup, it takes an age. You have to time each track then record it and count down so as to get a track break. so you can easily kiss goodbye to a morning

Screw that for a lark. maybe if he's got some special ones he really wants but other than that....

art b

and you will have to listen to all the trash.......
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

55starchief

I think you can get USB turntables for about £50 but you wont get the quality you would using the gear i have at work

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=98232&doy=search\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=98232&doy=search

art b

good idea you can then rip em to ya ipod thingy
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon: