Question re. Ebay . . .

Started by Roadkill, November 07, 2007, 10:46:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadkill

I've recently had a guy buy two items of mine and not pay for them . . or get in touch - anything.

So I opened a dispute . . . still nothing.

It says I'm eligible for FVF refund or something . . . but -

a) How do I claim them and

b) Is that it ? - I want my money - not a poxy refund - shouldn't eBay be chasing this guy down ?

55starchief

Good luck with getting ebay to do anything, your dispute will end up with them refunding your fees

ianjpage

(a) go into the dispute console and there should be option for apply for FVF and you get your fees back

as for (b) nope nothing they can do - all they can do is send him communications and askl him to pay, if he doesn't he gets an unpaid item strike OR his account locked out and thats it

tis a bit cr*p when someone dont pay but other than refunding you the listing costs, not much else they can do

Cunning Plan

Quoting: Roadkill
not a poxy refund - shouldn't eBay be chasing this guy down

egay sux0rz...  If you now leave that guy bad feedback I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves YOU bad feedback for no reason..
1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

philoldsmobile

yeah, not worth the hassle... get a refund on the listing, and sell it again..

might even get more fro it this time!!

Jamieg285

Quoting: Cunning Plan
egay sux0rz... If you now leave that guy bad feedback I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves YOU bad feedback for no reason..

Yep, I left a guy neutral feedback as I paid top dollar for something that wasn't as good as described.  He gave me negative.

Rob

Did it have more than one bid....?

If you want rid of it send a second chance offer to the next highest bidder.

Motorama

I've had a lot of this recently.

One guy said his 10 year old kid pressed the button by mistake! A neat trick me thinks when you have to confirm the bid and press again.

Had another guy refuse to sell me a car after i won it fair and square. He thought it would make more so he didnt put a reserve on!

You have to accept it and move on i'm afraid. Whilst you do get some messers you also get far more exposure for you item than any other selling medium.

55starchief

I wont leave feedback until the other person has

Roadkill

Quoting: 55starchief
I wont leave feedback until the other person has

Neither do I normally . . . but in this case it's different.

Quoting: ianjpage
go into the dispute console and there should be option for apply for FVF and you get your fees back

Didn't see anything ?

I'll have another look . . .

ianjpage

Didn't see anything ?

hmm should be there.....

Roadkill

Didn't see anything ?

Still can't see it.

I went on to dispute centre console area but can't find anything like that . . . .

ianjpage

Didn't see anything ?

Still can't see it.

I went on to dispute centre console area but can't find anything like that . . . .

am sure there be summat there, if ya want PM me your info and ill log in and see or wait till this w/end and we take a look-see then?

Roadkill

Still no obvious options to get my money back . . .

ianjpage

Still no obvious options to get my money back . . .

Hmm should be there.......might wanna get vicky to talke a looksee

Motorama

It's pretty straight forward if you go through the dispute console and as a few weeks have passed now it should go through straigh away.

I also believe if they dont pay for an item that their feedback doesnt count and can be removed

Gator

Quoting: Motorama
It's pretty straight forward if you go through the dispute console and as a few weeks have passed now it should go through straigh away.

I also believe if they dont pay for an item that their feedback doesnt count and can be removed

the item will result in a non payment strike against the buyer and they wont be able to post any feedback

Roadkill

Ah-ha !

Quoting: ebay
I no longer wish to communicate with or wait for the buyer. With this option, the buyer receives an Unpaid Item strike, the seller receives a Final Value Fee credit, and the item is eligible for a relist credit.

I missed this last time . . . . I'll close the dispute and negative feedback his ar$e !

Roadkill

Hahaha !

Done.  He been Negative Feedbacked !

Also it says FVF have been granted.

I'll relist this weekend . . . . . . need cash !

ianjpage

Rob

negative feedback his ar$e !