Especially for Martyn - Tattoo pics . . . .

Started by Roadkill, November 29, 2007, 03:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadkill

Firstly (the second one I had done yesterday) My take on Kenny Howards famous "Flying Eyeball" and my (kind of) tribute to his life and work - the king father of 'striping.
It takes pride of place on my upper left arm/shoulder.

Next (the first of the day) another "take".  This time of "Smiley Bones".  Generally a "not uncommon" sketch, but done in my own way.
This was used by the band "The Wildhearts" (the first band to get me truly hooked on Rock Music) and was taken from a 20mm sketch I did nearly ten years ago.  My first "fun" tattoo and only one planned to date.
It sits under my Runes on the back of my left arm, above my elbow.

Finally (and the last of the day) the first of a few "classic style" tattoos I have lined up.  In this case dice (which were taken from another design and extensively redrawn . . The flames I added to further underline the classic feel.
Not just a randomly choosen tat' - I chose dice as they symbolise results on the simple throw of a dice.  Luck, in other words.  Not being a believer in God - Luck / Fate are the closest I come to religion.
I was originally going to have 1 - 1 "snake eyes" showing, but opted for a more middle of the road result.  (not wanting to tempt fate eitherway).

They're all scabbing up as they should and I'm very happy.

I'm booked into have further work again before the end of the year.

55starchief

F Body

I admire your artistic talent and pain threshold

How the hell the Tattooist turns the picture into the actual tattoo is beyond me

Roadkill

Quoting: F Body
I admire your artistic talent and pain threshold

Thank you.  My pain threshold is thankfully very good.  I'll be the first to admit yes it can get very uncomfortable but it is, actually, very theraputic (sp).
On many occasions I was close to dosing off in the chair !

Quoting: F Body
How the hell the Tattooist turns the picture into actual tattoo is beyond me

Depends on the quality of the original.  ALL of my pieces have been my own work and have been supplied to the tattooist 100% correct in both size and lay-out.
On lesser quality the pieces are redrawn.
On most occasions (apart from very risky free-hand work) the pieces are traced and the tracing "printed" onto the skin.  These are then followed with the gun.

Roadkill

Side note :

The black lines you can see on some of the pictures are the remains of the ink mixed with the sticky glue from the micro-pore tape.

ianjpage

They all look really good mate, nice designs and really came out well!

Roadkill

I'm booked in next on Thursday 20th december.

The plan is to get a complete new one done and begin some re-work / additions to the flames on my right arm.

More re-work and additions to my first tat early next year then back to the drawing boards to finish some "floaters" (huh huh) and start work on two new ideas . . . One's based on my family crest and the other I'm gonna attempt to produce a pin-strip . . . .

Fieldy