Main Menu

IROC sorted

Started by Giblets, January 26, 2006, 04:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamieg285

Deans the one with a 3rd gen and no exhaust, although I think he wants to stay that way.

FUBAR

Quoting: Giblets
If anyone (Fubar?) wants my original exhaust which is still in top nick, let me know.

Everyone assumes its my car with bits missing & stuff Broken... ...

Oh Cr@p you're right...
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Giblets

Dean will never conform to stock parts.

He'd rather drive a modified Toyota Yaris than a standard Camaro.

FUBAR

hmm I dunno...
He's even had "Speed Holes" added to the Chavscort...  even if it wasn;t voluntarily
(Sorry simpsons again!)

Jamieg285

Giblets

Quoting: FUBAR
Everyone assumes its my car with bits missing & stuff Broken...

Hah! No offence mate.

I just know that Philo already has a newish Flowmaster, and Dean would scoff at the idea of such a system on his motor.

The day after I sell it, yours will start blowing. Just watch!

FUBAR

The day after I sell it, yours will start blowing. Just watch!

Touch wood quickly
I doubt it though, the rear section is all new stainless its just the pipe in the middle...

Giblets

Nah, I'm just kidding mate.

Hopefully the temptation of 99p and No Reserve will be too much for someone local on ebay.

It's too good to throw away.

Roadkill

I'm going for a 2 1/2" Full dual with cross over just after the headers, side pipes exiting just short of the rear wheels.

I Reckon that'll be loud.

Gonna fab it myself at first to get the pattern, then in time take it to get a proper custom one done.

philoldsmobile

any idea of pipe routing deano?

when they developed the third / fourth gen, its like they forgot the exhaust, then someone said "oh bugger, where we gonna put this.."

pipes like finlays really hurt the already questionable ground clearnace...

sound sweet though..

Roadkill

Quoting: philoldsmobile
pipes like finlays really hurt the already questionable ground clearnace...

I Noticed !

The plan is to have a flexi section coupled to the collectors then have a X - over straight away (in place of the Y - pipe).
After this the pipes will have a (approx 135) angle bend send them paralel to the SFC's.  (bare in mind all of my heat sheilding has been removed)
Each pipe will incorporate a (approx 4" O/D x 26") straight thru "resonator" ending in a further 135 degree dropping it just below the level of the sill/GFX.

Well.

That's the plan anyway . . . . . . .

55starchief

Quoting: Roadkill
The plan is to have a flexi section coupled to the collectors then have a X - over straight away (in place of the Y - pipe).
After this the pipes will have a (approx 135) angle bend send them paralel to the SFC's. (bare in mind all of my heat sheilding has been removed)
Each pipe will incorporate a (approx 4" O/D x 26") straight thru "resonator" ending in a further 135 degree dropping it just below the level of the sill/GFX.

Well.

That's the plan anyway . . . . . . .

All sounds a bit precise, but from memory thats what we looked at doing and it should fit

Giblets

Quoting: Roadkill
After this the pipes will have a (approx 135) angle bend send them paralel to the SFC's. (bare in mind all of my heat sheilding has been removed)

Speak English boy!

Roadkill

Speak English boy!

I'll take a piccy when it's done.