FUELLLL STRIIKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Started by Cunning Plan, December 10, 2007, 05:48:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunning Plan

Britain's roads could be brought to a standstill this week, after thousands of angry truckers promised a nationwide protest over fuel prices.

The truckers are plotting to cause chaos on Saturday at 10am and are hoping to bring attention to what they believe is high fuel taxation.

The protest has been changed from Wednesday to Saturday for those who work in the week and wouldn't be able to attend, said campaigners.

The action will bring back memories of the fuel protest in 2000.

An estimated 10,000 truckers are expected to take part in this week's action.

Last night pressure group TransAction 2007 issued a statement confirming it will take place.

The group has asked those taking part to act within the law and has threatened those who choose to break it will be reported and removed from the protest area.

TransAction 2007 has called for a meeting with the Treasury to discuss a long term solution on fuel duty that would be acceptable to all.

A spokesman said in a statement: 'Your attention should be focused on Wednesday December 12 2007. TransAction 2007 would like to thank everyone for their support in this campaign. We act as individuals but stand as one.'

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=17309\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=17309

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

Fieldy

I love these, they make me laugh! Oh well, off on an all day drinking session Sat so I won't care......

Fair play to them though, tax on UK fuel is fantasically OTT

Kenny

Finally!  I've been wondering when the truckers were gonna do something.  hopefully it works.

ofc the government will just increase other taxes to compensate

55starchief

In theorey the government might have to lower the taxation on the fuel cost, with higher fuel prices everything becomes more expensive as that increase is passed on, thus inflation will increase.

F Body

Quoting: 55starchief
In theorey the government might have to lower the taxation on the fuel cost

Right

So the queues will start at the petrol pumps tonight and by Wednesday they'll all be out of fuel anyway

Roadkill

Just put £15 in the Eldo . . . . . . So i'll be needing more tomorrow, then.  

F Body

Quoting: Roadkill
Just put £15 in the Eldo . . .

Dam Dude that is some drinking habit

NB : Why not buy something economical like a 5.7 V8 auto 4th Gen

Cunning Plan

Just put £15 in the Eldo . . . . . . So i'll be needing more tomorrow, then.

How many miles is that good for then?  

Quoting: F Body
So the queues will start at the petrol pumps tonight and by Wednesday they'll all be out of fuel anyway

Yep.. FUN FUN FUN!!!!!!!!!!!

I just told a few people what the article said, when I came back from lunch apparently Ive told people to go get fuel at lunch becuase they are running out due to terriost strikes.. Chinease whispers at their best!!
1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

Incursus

Meh its only about 30mins walk to work.  Maybe quicker if there's a Redway

HardRockCamaro

Arse.

I'm travelling from London to N Wales in the Caddy on Saturday and the tank is currently bone dry...

And every person with a double digit IQ will go out and fill up their car causing the petrol stations to run dry unnecessarily...

philoldsmobile

pah, stang and bike are both brim full...

bring it on!!!!!!!!

Roadkill

Quoting: F Body
Why not buy something economical like a 5.7 V8 auto 4th Gen

Weeeeeellll.

After selling my fourth gen I said I wouldn't have another as an everydayer because it was so ridiculously tail-happy.

However.  After driving vickys on saturday I now realise that chances are that mine was even more shagged then I thought so . . . .

Quoting: Cunning Plan
How many miles is that good for then?

I get 14 MPG around town . . . or I did before developing a misfire . . . fek knows, atm . . .

F Body

After selling my fourth gen I said I wouldn't have another as an everydayer because it was so ridiculously tail-happy.

Yes they do try to kill you if it's mildly damp

I get 14 MPG around town .

27.18mpg for the win

NB : Not the way Titsy drives

philoldsmobile

this is the advantage of the jap imports, with their dramaticly lower milages, they are in much better condition all over, a lot of the US imports look pretty, but are shagged with much higher miles and harder use..