Main Menu

1st Year

Started by FUBAR, February 03, 2006, 05:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FUBAR

It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

FUBAR

Well well, my first year of American Car ownership is about to be chalked up on the blackboard of life tomorrow morning,

This time last year I was eagerly awaiting a long drive down to a Farm outside Exeter in Devon to pick up a 1987 Z28 Camaro I'd just bought on eBay, sitting there staring aimlessly at the few pictures & the report I had of the car I was being given numerous lectures by my family not to let my heart rule my head & that I didn't have to drive it away... did I hell!! I was leaving that farm with that car & I already knew it!

1 Year Later & what a year it has been, to say it's been life changing is an understatement!  I'll be the first person to admit that it wasn't the best car out there for me to buy & that I paid too much for it, but I don't care.  I've had to invest [Ed: Throw] a lot of money at the thing in the last year on a list of Repairs, Shiny things, Bodywork & Parts as long as my arm, but I don't regret it one bit.  At times I've wanted to rip my hair out in frustration while the car has been off the road for weeks on end, Other times I've despaired at my decision to buy the thing in the first place but, and this is the important bit, this has all been made good again because I've been kept sane by the very people who I met because of the thing in the first place.

The knowledge, help, friendship & Patience from you guys over this year has been astounding & worth more to me than you'd imagine, I said at the beginning of the summer that I was willing to learn & I have; A LOT.  Its all this that I'd like to say Thankyou to everyone for.  This post is going in 3 forums because that's where the petrolheads are who this is for, I won't name names because I'll forget people, after I have a cr@p memory & there'd be a Oscar Winner Like list of TYVM's to be read out!!

Billing was an absolute Blast last summer & I'm sure it will be again this year, hopefully my car will be more reliable, more friends will be made, more beer will be consumed & more good times will be had by all Thankyou everyone & ROLL ON SUMMER!!

The Good times:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v223/ryanbudd/All-Clubs-05/Camaros_Evening_2.jpg\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">  ...MKB...     WE ROCK...  

FUBAR

That worked...  silly forum

Roadkill

Dude.  That is Kinda Gay.

Roadkill

Just kidding.  Spot on Mate.  Couldn't agree more.

FUBAR

Quoting: Roadkill
Dude. That is Kinda Gay.

No beer for you tonight

Roadkill

Fine.  I Don't care.

FUBAR

Quoting: Roadkill
Fine. I Don't care.

LOL just kiddin!

Incursus

Man.....I love you man....

philoldsmobile

t'was a fine year!

notice in both of yer bad time pics, ther are parts of people in odd places in yer car ( a face in yer rust hole, and legs under yer bumper!)