Even BMWs need a little attention

Started by Allanv, January 03, 2008, 03:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allanv

the newer BMW 3 series need love too... or to put it another way the newer 3 series suffer from an electrical design fault i knew about it but ignored it till today.

rear light cluster suffers from an earthing fault, normally if a bulb fails the emergency system takes over and uses the brake light etc for indicating or whatever.

But the earthing problem causes the whole cluster to go out and is well know so tonight in the bloody dark i rewired it, on the cluster is a convenient male fixture but the earth is wired to a plug that fecks up and corrodes but this seems to only affect the earth wire nothing else again well know.

so me snips a bit here and crimps a bit there and plugs the earth onto the new receptor on the cluster and job done.  Troubles over.

Mind you I have also rewired a articulated trailers leccy in the services on the M6 @ 04:30 in the morning before now.

So just because i drive BMW and work in IT doesn't mean i am a dick.

Incursus

55starchief

Quoting: Allanv

Fords used to have simaler problem where the conector on the rear light cluster would corrode creating a disco chase everytime the brakes were applied whilst signaling

Allanv

Quoting: Incursus
Beer?

you bet are you buying?

And only i am allowed to post the one word "beer" no one else

Rob

Wouldn't wanna put you in a eurobox along with all those other dicks now would we.....

VIPER

Does that mean your indicators work on your BMW as well????????????

art b

So just because i drive BMW and work in IT doesn't mean i am a dick

thats a little presumptuous of you..................
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

Roadkill

only i am allowed to post the one word "beer" no one else

Yeah, Boy.

However, multiple Beer, beer, beer is fine.

Incursus