Main Menu

NEW CAR

Started by Jo, April 06, 2008, 08:36:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo

After much deliberation, and many phone calls and hours on the net, I decided that buying a new car was better and cheaper than fixing the Neon.  So off we went this morning to look at a Ford Focus Ghia, and I bought it.

Top of the range, new tyres, wheels & exhaust, engine bay is really tidy looked at the spark plug leads looked nice & clean the oil looked ok, no crap in the engine bay at all apart from usual dust.  

Took her for a test drive the gears are nice and smooth and the acceleration was great, put a smile on my face, took some getting used to a manual after driving an auto but no probs.  

There is slight chip in the windscreen but not awful or in the line of sight, the paint is chipped ever so slightly on the bonnet but nothing a good t cut wouldn't cover.  So I'm a happy girl and pleased with my choice.  Photo's will follow once the camera has charged.

1999 FORD FOCUS 2.0 Ghia 4dr Saloon

Price:
£2,000

Features:

* 95,000 miles
   * Manual
   * BLACK
   * Petrol
   * Saloon
   * 1989 cc
   * Traction control
   * Air con
   * Electric Windows Front & Back
   * Multi change CD player for 6 CD's
   * Locking Wheel Nuts

EDGE

nice cars thoe Jo... I had a 99 3 door in black, mine was the 1800.

Enjoy :)

(what was wrong with the neon?)

Titsy

Good stuff...

Quoting: Podette
95,000 miles

Cam belt wants changing for 100,000

There is slight chip in the windscreen but not awful

You can probably get it fixed for free on your insurance... they prefer to pay out and get a chip fixed than wait for it to develop into a rack crack...

Titsy

Quoting: EDGE
(what was wrong with the neon?)

The box went again...

FUBAR

Quoting: Titsy
wait for it to develop into a rack...

Glad you've got some wheels again Jo, have fun with that 2.0ltr
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Jo

Will do just need to wait for the insurance to come through then I can tax her, should be here by Wed this week so that's cool.

Titsy

Freudian Slip...

FUBAR

Philo has bought a 3ltr Lexus today too...
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

ianjpage

Cool least you got yourself sorted with another motor..hope all goes well with this un!

philoldsmobile

Quoting: FUBAR
Philo has bought a 3ltr Lexus today too...

yup, 94 L reg GS300 - you gessed it, the alfa expired again... SUCH a shame, because i absolutely adore that car, but i'm not convinced about its long term reliability.. lexus seems a much safer bet.

Jo

You killed it twice?? what happened the first time? must have missed that!!!!

55starchief

You killed it twice?? what happened the first time? must have missed that!!!!

Clutch went at edges meet last month

Jo

Ahhhh ok, bummer

Roadkill

Good luck with the new motor . . . I hear Fuk-ar$es are pretty damn reliable.

55starchief

Quoting: Roadkill
Fuk-ar$es

nah its a ford sucof

Jo

Well all my previous Ford's have been reliable so lets hope this one is too, and with it being manual and not Auto I can work on this one, which is a bonus..

HardRockCamaro

I loved my 1.8 Ghia Focus, they're great cars...

Jo

We'll I've not read a bad review, and heard lots of good things from Focus owners I know, so I hope