Uber Cheap GOOD Oil

Started by Cunning Plan, April 14, 2008, 03:32:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunning Plan

Castrol magnatec 2litre oil reduced from £12.97 to £5

Quoting: HotUKDeals
"having seen someone post an offer for a 4litre oil at £17 makes this look ridiculously cheap.castrol magnatec 10w-40 partly synthetic oil reduced from £12.97 down too £5.this is an official clearance price as it was on the shelf edge price.i bought some in asda darlington begining of last week and there was a shelf full in asda hartlepool yesterday"

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/170294/castrol-magnatec-2litre-oil-reduced/\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/170294/castrol-magnatec-2litre-oil-reduced/
1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

F Body

Quoting: Cunning Plan
Castrol magnatec 2litre oil reduced from £12.97 to £5

Depends on what grade

The Maro is 5W-30 which isn't UK standard and the Panda is 10W-40 ? Diesel, I've sent management to investigate

F Body

Update from my reporter in the field ( Asda in Luton )

No cheap oil at our Asda

Cunning Plan

Sorry, HUKD is usually pretty accruate...  

Maby its just certian stores...  
1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

Fieldy

philoldsmobile

i need selinia 10W 40 or 10W 60 - the 10/60 is for harder driving, so i'm going to use the 10w 40, only available from alfa romeo or fiat dealers.

yup... its expensive!

55starchief

Quoting: philoldsmobile

i need selinia 10W 40 or 10W 60 - the 10/60 is for harder driving, so i'm going to use the 10w 40, only available from alfa romeo or fiat dealers.

give P A Turney a call as all fiat oils are the same as hew holland/ fiat agri  and farmers dont pay big money for anything

F Body

Quoting: 55starchief
all fiat oils are the same as hew holland/ fiat agri

Must resist Alfa tractor jokes

Fieldy

Quoting: philoldsmobile

Wow, I never realised that, so you can't just use stuff from Halfords? What would happen if you did? Would it really make that much of A difference?

55starchief

Quoting: Fieldy

Wow, I never realised that, so you can't just use stuff from Halfords? What would happen if you did? Would it really make that much of A difference?

Same as merc, my boss has an AMG 65 takes 18 liters of oil and has to use mobil 1 so there is £300 of oil before you even start

Motorama

Same as merc, my boss has an AMG 65 takes 18 liters of oil and has to use mobil 1 so there is £300 of oil before you even start

Are you sure, thats a hell of a lot of oil

I serviced the 05 Ram Diesel last week and that took 11 litres of fully synthetic

55starchief

Quoting: Motorama

Are you sure, thats a hell of a lot of oil

yup its a V12 and thats what the book says, i was shocked when i read it lol

Fieldy

Damn

art b

im sure if you drive a v12 merc , engine oil is the least of your worries
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon: