Paint suppliers

Started by Rocky, May 20, 2008, 01:26:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocky

Anyone know of any paint factors in the area other than MK paint?

55starchief

I will ask my mate tomorrow as i know he uses a place up in brum

Rocky

Thanks mate. looks like we may be going to water based earlier than wanted everyone is running out of quality 2k.

55starchief

well if your going water ased my mates show has been for almost 3 years now. tey use lechler http://www.lechler.it/\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.lechler.it/

Rocky

We used to use lechler its a really cheap paint and doesnt last long so gave up on it, Its the same with MK paint they say they do 5 different makes of paint but when i called today they can only do max myer which is crap, they get standox off our supplier which we already know doesnt have any, so its turning out to be a PITA. Might have to go with HOC as its a show job.

55starchief

Well i think the lechler stuff has improved mate, might be worth trying it again

Rocky

HE HE will take a look.

F Body

GM has just about given up on water based top coats, they are very prone to orange peel, general defects and are really hard to dry
There are little real environmental benefits and from a Safety point of view are worse than solvent based paint ( except regarding flammability ).

55starchief

I know that my mates shop only uses a waterbase BC its still a solvent CC

F Body

We use a water based Primer, but plans for water based top coats were shelved towards the end of 2006

The main safety problem is occupational asthma, solvents are nasty chemicals and they can really muck up your lungs, but research has shown that users build up a mucus membrane in the lungs which can help to protect them.
However water based products just dissolve the mucus and go straight into the lungs
Another environmental misnomer

art b

interesting stuff

is polyester paint 2k.....?
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

Rocky

I still dont think they do a clearcoat in water based so whats the point, also the colour matches are really bad, alot of the big body shops i know have to re-do alot of jobs,

55starchief

Quoting: Rocky

I still dont think they do a clearcoat in water based so whats the point, also the colour matches are really bad, alot of the big body shops i know have to re-do alot of jobs,

Well thats one reason my mates shop went to lechler, the color matches are 100% spot on, they also used to do a lot of bikes and those are the hardest to color match aparently. Must admit all the work i see come out of his shop is top notch