Main Menu

ticket buying

Started by art b, June 26, 2008, 03:57:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

art b

quite a popular scam on the net,
people having web pages with similar names, as  other companys on the net and taking money for non exsistant tickets ,
looks like my bro has been stung for two police tickets for hyde park this weekend
he paid,  http://londonticketsexpress.com,\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://londonticketsexpress.com, and has recieved nothing yet,a quick google search reveal all sorts of horrors...
http://www.blagger.com/db4/company_id/8493/companyname/Londonticketsexpress.com.html\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.blagger.com/db4/company_id/8493/companyname/Londonticketsexpress.com.html
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

Roadkill

Hmm, not good.  But I'd guess quite an easy mistake to make . . .

FUBAR

thats not good, but if all official ticket sellers have sold out thats when these guys can make a mint conning people it sux
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

art b

well he had a miail today saying he will be called re delivery ..

or collection at the gig......
that sounds like a cop out to me
but we will see,

F Body

Quoting: art b
or collection at the gig......
that sounds like a cop out to me

This company was on Watchdog a while ago, they tell you to meet outside the venue and never turn up, then claim that they couldn't find you

art b

yep ive seen that on watchdog too,
the guy responsible has just opened new companys,each time after being found guilty...the sums of money  scammed must be huge,
there are so many people taken in by false websites and interweb scams these days...
even watch dog opened a false company on the web selling popular products plasma tvs,ipods etc and were taking money with in hours...

55starchief

Er i dont actualy see the problem here, unless he paid cash or cheque a call to the creditcard company will see a refund under thtier fraud policy or am i missing something ?

art b

he's partner, paid by debit card....

55starchief

Well i would call the bank, im pretty sure they have a simaler policy on fraud, might get lucky you never know after all its only a phone call

art b

yep they will call ,after the weekend,

my bro said to his slightly blonde partner ;  

do you think we should call the police,

she said i supose it would be a good idea at least they would have it on record...

he said have you got stings number.....

55starchief

Mate thats just bad

art b

bro rang today hes supposed to collect tickets at the gig,

he questioned the guy, who said some ticket companys now do this to prevent touts getting tickets before hand,
will know more tomorrow day of the gig...

Gator

ticket sales in this country is just hit or miss its one of them industries that needs regulating

F Body

will know more tomorrow day of the gig...

and..................

art b

well...

he had a call giving him two mobi phone numbers and was told to ring at 6pm,
he had a look around hyde park and there were a few touts selling tickets,

so he called the number early, and low and behold,one of the guys selling tickets had two for him....

he told him of the concern for getting his tickets and the guy said he was surprised,he hadnt heard of any problems ....
my bro definatley paid for his ticket to a group in hungry,without realising
but it all came good in the end...

art b

a quote from blagger.com

"This website is nothing more than londonticketshop and londonticketmarket under a different name. Its based in Hungary yet again, with an office in Cyprus yet again. Avoid this ticket touts website like the plague"

F Body

but it all came good in the end..

Phew !