Your Automobile Shopping list . . .

Started by Roadkill, February 15, 2006, 03:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadkill

Well, as it says . . .

What is (realistically) on your to buy list for the next, say, 5-10 years ?

What are the keeper's, what are the brief "have fun then get rid of" 's . . .

I'm compiling mine . . . .

EDIT : Also a description of what you want ie. options, colours etc . . . what work you want done/would do yourself . . .

FUBAR

Hmm, well My 87 Camaro is a Keeper (I HOPE!!) so bar ongoing works on that and subject to Me Moving out & getting a place of my own, then being able to afford 2nd Cars I haven't made any specific plans yet.

Not the best reply I know but realistically I think my current car is going to be My only Yank for quite a while.
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Lusty Lass

jamieg285 has announced that his car is such a rust bucket that he is giving up on the "to buy" list and is selling it for a more reliable skoda!

FUBAR

Quoting: Lusty Lass
jamieg285 has announced that his car is such a rust bucket that he is giving up on the "to buy" list and is selling it for a more reliable skoda!

I find that hard to believe...

Roadkill

I Suspected as much.

55starchief

Gonna be the Volvo P1800s next on the list, although that little keiser is looking tempting at the moment

Lusty Lass

Quoting: FUBAR
I find that hard to believe...

It is true! I believe it is due on e-bay with a reserve of £1 sterling.

Roadkill

After the 58 Cadillac is near enought finished I'm after a:

'54 3100, 3-Window Chevy Pick-up.  Gonna give her a 2" Chop and drop her 1 1/2" . . . Keep the S-6 but change the axle, painted Satin Black with chrome smoothies and wide whites.

Next I want a sled.

If it's a Merc it's gotta be an already done '49 . . . but I fancy a Caddy sled - In which case it'd have to be a '56.
Either way bagged and in Satin/Gloss black /Purple.
With Red steelies.

Then Comes the 'Glass 32 Model A Roadster.
Gloss black or Dark red, pin-stripped, with a period lump in her.
With Red Steelies and White walls.

Then . . . . '57 Chevy Bel Air 2-Door Sport Coupe (non continental kit)
Dark red or blue with 15" TT2's.

Lusty Lass

Roadkill

What are you offering to take it away ?

Incursus

In the the next 5-10 years.  I would like to own a bigger muscle car late 60's early 70's Charger, challenger, cuda etc.  Big block

Duster will be kept untill then (and hopefully after, space provided)
In the mean time (0-5years) a Firebird as "everyday" vehicle (i never learn)

Throw in an Astro (realistically instead of the firebird) as a possibility as well

Incursus

Quoting: Roadkill
Also a description of what you want ie. options, colours etc . . . what work you want done/would do yourself . . .

Duh!! Matt black!!

Lusty Lass

What are you offering to take it away ?

well, the reserve is £1 but if you ask me, we should be paying someone the £1!!!! Let's just say I'm glad we're in the AA  

FUBAR

Actually I need to correct myself...

This:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-BBC-4-speed-454-70-ss-chevelle-wheels-posi-4spd_W0QQitemZ4613313430QQcategoryZ6171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-BBC-4-speed-45 4-70-ss-chevelle-wheels-posi-4spd_W0QQitemZ4613313 430QQcategoryZ6171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZVie wItem#ebayphotohosting

Incursus

Quoting: FUBAR
Actually I need to correct myself...

This:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-BBC-4-speed-45\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-BBC-4-speed-45 4-70-ss-chevelle-wheels-posi-4spd_W0QQitemZ4613313 430QQcategoryZ6171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZVie wItem#ebayphotohosting

very nice  

FUBAR

Quoting: incursus
very nice

I'd love to have that car, Manual too...  I like the Ghost flames too

Roadkill

we should be paying someone the £1!!!!

Ahh, I'll think about it.

Lusty Lass

Ahh, I'll think about it.

No hurry, it will probably have conked out at the Rolling Road day - so whoever brings the trailor........................

Roadkill

No hurry, it will probably have conked out at the Rolling Road day - so whoever brings the trailor........................

That man of your's has the longest fuse . . . Or is that the reason he's holding back "the Loving".

Lusty Lass

That man of your's has the longest fuse . . . Or is that the reason he's holding back "the Loving".

Truth hurts....................

philoldsmobile

my automotive shopping list?

some sort of mercedes, either 190E, C class or E class..

perhaps a saab 9-3

perhaps a volvo S40

maybe a porsche 944

if i had the money a DeLorean DMC-12

i've got the yank i've always wanted (asside from a TTA, but thats out of my budget) , and the van is just the perfect compainion to it, so on the yank side of things, very unlikely there will be a change for a long long time..