Almost certainly the worst car in the entire world ?

Started by F Body, October 06, 2008, 06:39:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EDGE

thats not very pretty really... what merc is it underneath ?

HardRockCamaro

Typical Clarkson shite.

I like the front and the rear looks no more bloated than those Peugeot and Renault convertibles, or the Focus for that matter.  They all have a fat arse.

Yes the performance is poor for a 2.7, and considering Chrysler and Merc share stuff why not put a better engine in it?  Or is it a Merc engine and it's just suddenly bad because it's in a Chrysler?

I'm sure the interior is cheap, the Avenger I looked at over here was quite nasty inside, then again it was only £14k fully loaded..

The problem is the pricing, 25k over here is criminal when it costs 16k on the other side of the pond.  It should be £19,999

Again it all comes down to price.  In the US you get a V6 convertible with a huge boot and loads of equipment for 16k.  You get what you pay for.  Something has to give to get it down to that price.

To be honest it seems like perfect hire car fodder to me (which is all they're used for).  The massive boot will be well useful, the fuel economy will be better than he claims, yes the rear will be cramped and blustery but the back seats in *all* verts are.

I'd much rather that than an MX5 on holiday and to be honest it sounds the same as that stupid Toyota Solara I was given.  Crap but a massive boot (which I was grateful for after the Mx5).

HardRockCamaro

"Quite why anyone would buy this rather than, say, a Volkswagen Eos, I simply do not know."

I do.

I just priced up a 2.0L Diesel EOS with cruise, cd changer, leccy seats etc.

£31,900

Are they kidding me?!

32 grand for a Golf with the roof lopped off?

The Sebring is over priced at 25k over here, but the Golf, the smaller car, with a 4 banger diesel costs 7k more?  Naff off!

Flip Martian

EVERYTHING he doesn't like is "the worst in the world....EVER". The man is a broken record - read his articles today and they're no different to what he was writing 10 years ago... Its an averagely good looking car. American cars not built to last?!! Trim maybe - surely mechanicals tend to be fairly bomb proof...

philoldsmobile

i dunno, having seen some of the new chryslers close up, i'd definatley label them one of the worst brands in the world, the quality fit and finish is leagues behind people like kia and hyundai, a truly terrible state of affairs.

its blatantly obvious chrysler are in dire trouble again, i'll wager in less than 5 years they will be no more..

FUBAR

I quite like the look of some of the newer Dodge / Chrysler stuff, I still quite like the crossfire too (from the front)

Also In an odd way the Jeep Patriot actually looks quite good, but ONLY in Black, I saw one in silver at it looked rubbish.

Ooh, and I spotted a nice black vette on my lunchtime walk today outside the new Sainsburys (which is open now BTW you Oldbrook bods) I think it was a C5 as it has a really short private plate on it so I couldn't tell what year it was.
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...