Time to learn a new word

Started by Amey, July 03, 2008, 01:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amey

Had to learn a new word today

Tenosynovitis - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenosynovitis\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenosynovitis

I've been diagnosed with it in my left wrist

It's very painful and I have got to go up the hospital tomorrow to have a splint made.
Will have to wear it for 2-3 weeks along with taking anti-inflammatorys as well.
Also been signed off for a week - sounds good, but trying not to use your left hand is harder than you think

F Body

Bummer

Also known as Trigger Finger

Are you left handed ?  Just wondered if if anything to do with using a mouse or keyboard ??

Better rest and get Ian to do all the fetching & carrying

Jo

Oh sorry thats not good, my mate at work had similar gave her a dead weird keyboard to use Maltron it's called http://www.techready.co.uk/Assistive-Technology/Ergonomic-Keyboards/Maltron-Ergonomic-Keyboard\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.techready.co.uk/Assistive-Technology/Ergonomic-Keyboards/Maltron-Ergonomic-Keyboard

it stands about 20 cm high at the back and cups your hands - worth seeing if work will get you one.  Hope it feels better soon.

Amey

Quoting: F Body
Are you left handed ? Just wondered if if anything to do with using a mouse or keyboard ??

Right-handed. Prob is due to using keyboard though. At work I can take anything from 40 to 100 calls a day that need typing up in detail - so that didn't help.
Also the main reason why they signed me off.

Quoting: Podette
Oh sorry thats not good, my mate at work had similar gave her a dead weird keyboard to use Maltron it's called

That's cool. I do aleady use a standard ergonomic keyboard at work, but didn't seem to have helped

Got the tablets now, been given 4 weeks worth and the stronger ones.
Just hope they work

ianjpage

Roadkill

Quoting: Amey
Tenosynovitis

I believe that's what my ex had . . . not good . . but it can be relieved, some what.

Senior F Body Kid

ive just had a tendon transfer & tbh , it doesnt really hurt at all ..
my hand is stuck in a similar position & i cant extend my fingers
i hope it clears up soon

Amey

Well, what a nightmare this has turned out to be

Still in a lot of pain with it. Been to see a consultant in London (My work sent me and paid for it) who doesn't think it is Tenosynovitis, but something similar.
At docs they have done a blood test for rheumatism, but this was negative.
My Docs were referring me to a rheumatologist, but this might take a long time.
My work are very kindly paying for me to go private and so I can seeing a rheumatologist at the Saxon Clinic on Friday at 3pm.

In the meantime I was put on Tramadol (very strong painkiller) to help with the pain. This didn't touch the pain, just made me very drugged up.
Been to docs again this morning as had enough of this constant pain and have now not had a proper nights sleep for 4 days.
So now they have put me on MST continus tablets, which are basically morphine

Roadkill

Incursus

ianjpage

art b

This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

FUBAR

It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Amey

My work are very kindly paying for me to go private and so I am seeing a rheumatologist at the Saxon Clinic on Friday at 3pm.

Well seen them now.

The rheumatologist has said there is no joint damage, it is all to do with the soft tissue, so it is treatable.
The next step is to get an ultrasound done to confirm the tendons are swollen and at the same time inject it with steriods to reduce the swollen tendons.
This should then be it all sorted

Now just need to find out if work will pay for this to be done at Saxon Clinic, or have to wait for nhs.

Rheumatologist did say it would be unwise for me to work until I had had the scan/injections.
So this may sway works desicion

Amey

Well - had the ultra-sound today
Was supposed to have the injection as well, but the Saxon clinic booked it wrong.

The good news is they now know what is the problem.
There is mild Tenosynovitis, but that is not the main issue.
The main problem is a Ganglion cyst right in the middle of my wrist.

This will either need to be injected or removed via surgery.
The Ultra-sound guy will send a report to the rheumatologist and they will decide if they can do the steriod injection and the cyst injection at the same time - or if I need surgery.
Got to wait a week for that to be decided.

I'm annoyed that it's not sorted today, but glad we finally know whats actually going on

Roadkill

Ganglion

Ahh, yes.  I know of those.

At least they know what it is though.

Incursus

Hopefully get sorted soon then

Sammy Lou

hope it all gets sorted soon babe

FUBAR

Me too, Hope its all sorted soon

My first thought was...  "You've got a Gang of Lions in your wrist!!!!"
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Amey

Well spoken to work and I'm gunna be working in the mornings for the next few days.
No typing involved, just helping everyone elese with their calls.
Working 9-12 tomorrow and poss Friday.
Will be nice to get back to work.

Quoting: FUBAR
My first thought was... "You've got a Gang of Lions in your wrist!!!!

Allanv

Vicky do you remember my ganglion?

well i have a picture for you

Amey

Quoting: Allanv
Vicky do you remember my ganglion?

Yeap - I did think of you when they told me what it was.
Trouble is mine doesn't show - so none of the docs thought it could be that

Did you get it removed in the end??

Also - when's your elc leaving do....

Allanv

yes it was removed in the end.

leaving do is not gunna happen it seems fookers give um 2.5 years of yer life and nothing.

ianjpage

Quoting: Allanv

leaving do is not gunna happen it seems fookers give um 2.5 years of yer life and nothing.

bummer

art b

I'm annoyed that it's not sorted today, but glad we finally know whats actually going on

at least knowing whats wrong is half of the problem solved,
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon: