Leaving on a flat bed....

Started by ianjpage, January 22, 2009, 05:51:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FUBAR

see you could be 'evil hubby' & make vicky walk to work on tuesday & you take the truck it would save you a couple of quid on the parking too

It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

ianjpage

Quoting: FUBAR

see you could be 'evil hubby' & make vicky walk to work on tuesday & you take the truck it would save you a couple of quid on the parking too

Take the truck to essex.....you kidding ........i still need to 100% sort the misfire (new cap / rotor) so its still drinking fuel.....

FUBAR

aah right yeah forgot about that

philoldsmobile

*disclaimer - this is not meant to be taken too seriously, but i feel i'm owed this one after all the flatbed jokes!!!*

i could mention the flatbed / miles ratio being worse than the alfa (even if you count the blue one ) but that could well be tempting very expensive fate!!!!

i could be really bitchy and point out that every 4th gen in the MKB regulars (yes, even Martyn's) has a worse flatbed / miles ratio than the green Alfa, but that would just be cruel... and tempting fate even more.

actualy, sod it, considering the grief you guys gave me about italian reliability, its deserved! LOL

kidding aside, it does indeed suck monkey balls when anyones car goes south, fortunate its not too massive a problem.

considering the glass houses / stones angle here, i think its safe to say its unjustified to throw insults either way, apparently yank reliability is about on par with italian, (or vise versa?) but hey, if we wanted a car to be totally reliable we wouldn't drive either would we, we'd all be driving nissan micras'.. i'd rather keep an AA card on me, and drive something with soul - regardless of where it comes from.

still wouldn't mind another astro or thirdgen though..

HardRockCamaro

Age and maintenance play a big role.

philoldsmobile

more so the more complicated the car.. thats the single big difference between the green and blue 166's

i think as most yanks are toys, they often get maintenance neglected somewhat..

HardRockCamaro

And to be fair Ian only needed an alternator.

You needed a new car...

F Body

Quoting: philoldsmobile
(yes, even Martyn's) has a worse flatbed

Yep my F Body catalytic converters went south at only 400 miles and the AA recovery man said it was the gearbox

It only took 12 weeks to get replacements whilst I had a free hire car

That was a few years ago now

Roadkill

i could be really bitchy and point out that every 4th gen in the MKB regulars (yes, even Martyn's) has a worse flatbed / miles ratio than the green Alfa

What about my 4th gen ?

That did over 4,000 miles with me and never missed a beat - and that had been neglected and was high mileage.

I don't think Craig had any issues with it, either . . .

F Body

i think as most yanks are toys,

True.........................but

they often get maintenance neglected somewhat..

I think my gets over maintained

ianjpage

Quoting: HardRockCamaro
Age and maintenance play a big role.

yeah indeed - car is 13 yrs old now, its on 140,000 KMS so not a surprise it gone TBH...just thankful it just the alternator (mental note - must charge battery!)

ianjpage

Quoting: HardRockCamaro
And to be fair Ian only needed an alternator.

You needed a new car...

ianjpage

well new alternator collected yesterday from Swindon and fitted last night in the dark, seems to be all working ok now

It will get a nice test today - MK to Essex and back

Roadkill

EDGE

that orrible little 4th gen i had never ended up on a flatbed.....

F Body

Quoting: EDGE
that orrible orange Mustang i have never ended up on a flatbed.........mind you I can't remember when it last came out of the garage

EDGE

FUBAR

ianjpage

Quoting: Roadkill

Good news.

yeah (says the following quitely so the car can't hear him) and hopefully nothing else go wrong for a while