$1.40 to the £

Started by Titsy, January 20, 2009, 07:24:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gator

if its such a global problem as Brown and co like to claim why a re we getting screwed so much more than everyone else

got lots of firebird stuff i need to order

ianjpage

F Body

The pound also weakened against the euro, with one euro worth only 92.56 pence

Flip Martian

Quoting: F Body

Crap... There go the cheap hols in France this year...

Roadkill

F*cking useless C*nts in the government.

Old Brown should get a F*cking kicking for what he's done to this country.

Never in the history of politics has one man screwed up a nation so badly - planting the seeds in the treasury before royally F*cking us up as PM.

The Labour Party never learn - and never F*cking change, either.

Blame the banks, fine but also blame the government that let it all happen.

The U.K's a sinking ship . . . If I could I'd bail with the rats tomorrow.

Motorama

$1.40 to the £

it's crap, i'm trying to buy a 54 Caddy in the States at the moment ad the rate is killing me. I might have to back out of the deal as it's getting real expensive, even more so if i have to pay the higher rate of VAT

HardRockCamaro

When I went to the States for the first time, back in 2000, I remember I was getting $1.37 to the £1 on my credit card.

Prior to that, in 96, it was about $1.50 give or take.

Apart from the last few years when it was $2 - £1 it was around $1.5 - $1.7 for about 15 - 20 years...

EDGE

we've been spoilt with the $2 rate... it was always going to go down....

Motorama

The car i was/am looking to buy has gone up £1100 today because of the rate fluctuation

Fieldy

Quoting: EDGE

Totally agree dude

Off to Paris this weekend, I will just buy, eat and drink like i would in the UK.

EDGE

the dont sell pot noddles and fosters though

art b

This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

Titsy

Quoting: F Body

Get it the right way around... it's €1.079 to the £...

Quoting: EDGE

I totally agree... Yes the £ has devalued recently, but the big drop down to $1.50 was just a correction as our economy cought up with the US...

Besides, it's swings and roundabouts... with the £ weakened it's good for export, which it good for the economy... Yes it's crap if you're importing or going on hols, but like I said, swings and roundabouts...

Titsy

Don't forget also that the US saw a new Presedent sworn into office today, which means everything is shiney and new.... The Doller was bound to make gains today; give it a week and it will have corrected again...

Roadkill

The Eurozone are also likely to make further interest rate cuts in the coming months which will weaken the Euro further, too.

Titsy

Now $1.35 to the £...

F Body

Quoting: Titsy
everything is shiney and new....

That quickly tarnished

Heard something on the news about 1.20 being the low

Fieldy

I'm getting around €0.97 to the pound this weekend here....

Titsy

F Body

now back at $1.43...

It's very up and down just like oil, one day it's $39 a barrel then back up to $48

Roadkill

now back at $1.43...

I'm watching it daily . . I need about $1.70 before I start thinking about my Headers, though.

Gator

just ordered some stuff dear god that was painful

VIPER

Got lucky with the viper and all the parts 3 years later as i got them all at 2 $ to the £......

EDGE

Quoting: Roadkill
I'm watching it daily . . I need about $1.70 before I start thinking about my Headers, though.

i hope it does go back up there... but i very much doubt we'll see it for a very very long time....