Cunning is back online during work hours!

Started by Cunning Plan, February 11, 2009, 06:45:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunning Plan

Posting from my phone, i think i worked out how to get around the work restrictions on the net... I added unlimited web access to my tarriff and downloaded Opera Mini to my phone. Seems to work fine! Woo! Still not as easy as browsing forums on a rig or lappy because it is obvious you are on your phone and not working but at least i get my daily fix of net browsing!!
1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

ianjpage

Incursus

Quoting: Cunning Plan
Posting from my phone, i think i worked out how to get around the work restrictions on the net... I added unlimited web access to my tarriff and downloaded Opera Mini to my phone. Seems to work fine! Woo! Still not as easy as browsing forums on a rig or lappy because it is obvious you are on your phone and not working but at least i get my daily fix of net browsing!!

Connect to your phone via bluetooth or whatever.  

The restrictions here arn't so bad but occasionaly I connect via the mobile

F Body

Well Done CP

I still have access. since the snow no one has seen the Geeks

Cunning Plan

Yah i was thinking about getting a bluetooth dongle for the computer then connecting through that but i think they have go as far as installing reporting software on each machine.. Something called mirus client and i cant edit or delete it, admin locked it down..

I guess geeks dont like the snow?

A couple of things i found it hard to do with a phone is quote people - the phone doesnt like that and attaching smileys just by clicking them - i have to enter the code.. But then im not on a dedicated net phone like the google phone (i want that OS on a better handset and NOT on t-mobile!), ive got the Sony P1i..
1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

Roadkill

Andy

I'm running from my phone using Opera Mini too. Must admit, its a hell of a lot better than the browser which comes as standard with Sony Ericssons. Which is made even worse by orange crippling it with there rubbish home page.  

Forum looks good from here though, and I have edge access which seems to be bit slower than broadband, but streams videos a treat.

For the geeks (me) i'm running a SE C902, its my 7th handset since i got it as a replacement for the k850i. If you get one make sure you take out insurance because theres a lot of duf ones!

Andy

I'm running from my phone using Opera Mini too. Must admit, its a hell of a lot better than the browser which comes as standard with Sony Ericssons. Which is made even worse by orange crippling it with there rubbish home page.  

Forum looks good from here though, and I have edge access which seems to be bit slower than broadband, but streams videos a treat.

For the geeks (me) i'm running a SE C902, its my 7th handset since i got it as a replacement for the k850i. If you get one make sure you take out insurance because theres a lot of duf ones!

Incursus

Yeah I have Opera 9.5 on my XDA Orbit 2.  
A million times better than Microsofts pathetic attempt at a moblie browser.

F Body

Quoting: Andy
I'm running from my phone using Opera Mini too

You can say that again

Quoting: F Body
since the snow no one has seen the Geeks

Still haven't seen the Geeks and I still have internet access

Fieldy