VW's 'rusty hood look'?

Started by Fieldy, April 23, 2009, 04:17:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy

That thread is funny...

Quoting: Euroteknik guy

Quote: Timmahhh
"Why just the hood?"

Not sure, just another stupid trend IMO. Add it to the rest like roof racks with crap on them, extreme tire stretching and white wall tires. I wasn't aware of it until today, when I saw it I went ] and had to make a thread.

It does only look like it fits on the 2nd from last but even then I don't get it.

Cunning Plan

Its just an extension of the Ratlook theme but I would say this is more 'hoodride' having a certian component styled patina instead of the whole thing weathered..

Its okay, interesting to look at.. Just dont let FB see it!!!!!!!!!!!

If you look at the last picture I posted here http://www.mkb.cc/forum/index.php?action=vthread&forum=1&topic=8621\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.mkb.cc/forum/index.php?action=vthread&forum=1&topic=8621 theres a caddie with the same look..

1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

Andy

I thought it was just painted oxide red!

I don't get the tread of stuff on the roof.. thats just random. Also makes you wonder how it started.

Cunning Plan

Quoting: Andy
I don't get the tread of stuff on the roof..

Well, its a slightly different scene to the yank one although it has alot of parallels. Having items in the roof rack like old bikes, suit cases from the 50s, coolers etc just adds to the amount you can look at on the vehicle - its like a travelling window to someone's personality / history. So when youre looking around vehicles at shows, the ratlook ones especially take longer to look around as there are no 2 the same. Stuff on the roof just gives you even more to look at!

F Body

Quoting: Cunning Plan
Just dont let FB see it!!!!!!!!!!!

Not a problem

Access Denied (content_filter_denied)

F Body

Stuff on the roof just gives you even more to look at!

Your more than welcome to have a look round my loft, it's full to the roof with stuff you can look at  

Cunning Plan

Quoting: F Body
Access Denied (content_filter_denied)

Quoting: F Body
Your more than welcome to have a look round my loft, it's full to the roof with stuff you can look at

F Body

I can see the picture at home, I was expecting some beaten up 40 year old Beetle

Strange

Simply summed up by one of the forum posts :

"Why is it that the [goofy/stupid/ugly/unique] trends always seem to be most apparent in the VW community?"

Cunning Plan

Well, its a slightly different scene to the yank one although it has alot of parallels. Having items in the roof rack like old bikes, suit cases from the 50s, coolers etc just adds to the amount you can look at on the vehicle - its like a travelling window to someone's personality / history. So when youre looking around vehicles at shows, the ratlook ones especially take longer to look around as there are no 2 the same. Stuff on the roof just gives you even more to look at!

How about a Go-Kart in the rack -

Uber.

And for anyone who likes these kind of carts  -

Andy

I am sooo telling Sainsburys... or can you still take them back and get a £5 or whatever it was?