Fieldy

EDGE

thats site is a DAY killer....

F Body

Quoting: art b
some feat....

Yeah but I think they got it wrong

Quoting: Climbers
Blackpool gave us some great nights, not the filthy women, seedy clubs and grotty hotels.

Filthy women, seedy clubs & grotty hotels with brush nylon sheets are the only reason I go

art b

This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

philoldsmobile

O.M.F.G.

we were ----><----- that close to that...

missed opportunity......

Amey

Quoting: philoldsmobile
we were ----><----- that close to that

Yeap - didn't realise it was an ice rink under that

Quoting: philoldsmobile
missed opportunity......

Yeap - but there is always next year

ianjpage

wow so thats what it is/was....hmm......next year

Big Mouse

Thanks for posting that Art - I got lost in that site for ages, fascinating stuff especially when you search on Milton Keynes and the guy looking for the elusive 'giant' drains rumoured to be under MK.

He just doesn't know where to look

F Body

Quoting: art b
even a building in hastings...

Walked past that roof on the promenade a few times not knowing what was down there

White Rock Baths :

Originally opened in 1874 when the promenade was only 10 feet wide, the roof of the underground public baths formed part of the parade extension. There were two baths, and the bath furthest from the pier was originally intended as an aquarium but due to lack of funds it was opened as a small bath for ladies. It possessed steps down into the bath rather than the usual side steps and was popular amongst younger swimmers. The Hastings water polo team played their matches in the larger pool. Both pools were of salt water. White Rock Baths was transformed into The Baths Cinema during 1912 and opened in 1913 with seating for over 1,600 people.
I don't know how long it was a cinema for,(I never knew it was used as one) but it was turned into an ice-skating rink in about 1979. It remained as such for the next 18 years, finally closing it's doors in 1997.
It's been derelict ever since.

Roadkill

I LOVE that site !

It's just a pity I can't see the pictures anymore.

ianjpage

ahhh your back then :) WB