Worlds Biggest Crankshaft.

Started by F Body, December 08, 2009, 11:47:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

This crankshaft weighs 300 tons and when turning at 102rpm this two stroke diesel engine produces 108,920 HP and 5,608,312 lb/ft of torque

The cylinder bore is just under 38" and the stroke is just over 98". Each cylinder displaces 111,143 cubic inches (1820 liters) and produces 7780 horsepower. Total displacement comes out to 1,556,002 cubic inches (25,480 liters)

Wonder if it would fit in a Camaro

http://people.bath.ac.uk/ccsshb/12cyl/\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://people.bath.ac.uk/ccsshb/12cyl/

NB : THis may have been posted before

EDGE

it's  been posted all over the internet in the past, its hard to remeber when and where though... its still as awesome as when i first saw it...

makes you wonder what theyre gonna use to MOVE the bastid thing out of the factory !!!!!!!  unless they just build the ship around it and float it out the door!!

a bit like the ecu on a volvo S something or other that I had to remove once.. I rekon they hang that up in the middle of a factory on a bit of fishing line and then build the entire car around it... you need to disassemble the whole interior to get to it !!!! its burried under the front of the centre console!!!

Gator

Andy

From a machining point of view that is just huge! Those tool marks make it look like its all been cut in one, but on what?!

Cunning Plan

Quoting: Andy
From a machining point of view that is just huge! Those tool marks make it look like its all been cut in one, but on what?!

See now Ive always wondered stuff like this - how do you make a tool when you don't have a tool??

1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

Andy

Who turned the first chuck/collet to turn the chuck/collet in the first place?

ianjpage

Roadkill

I like the ladders formed within the big-end reliefs in the first picture.

Fieldy

Quoting: EDGE
it's been posted all over the internet in the past, its hard to remeber when and where though... its still as awesome as when i first saw it...

Been posted on here I am sure as I put the links up of the ship my old man runs with the engine of craziness