the biggest show on earth

Started by daveyboy, December 31, 2009, 02:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveyboy

http://www.bigmeet.com/\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.bigmeet.com/

pencil the dates in folks for the biggest us car show.

the time. july 8,9,10th 2010. thu,fri,sat if your wondering.

the place. vasteras, sweden.

ryanair. stanstead to vasteras £50 return.

anyone up for this ???.

me and tina are going, hire a car and stop a bit further down the road cause the local hotels are either fully booked or expensive.

Andy

I believe Andy 'Motorama' goes to this, normally drives which ever Caddy he has at the time up

daveyboy

yes , he said he was driving.
£50 in a plane aint bad though.

daveyboy

can confirm that me tina gator and sarah are off to sweden.

no other takers ?????.

art b

thought you would have taken the rv.......

might be tempted too.....
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

daveyboy

come on art, you know it makes sense.
all the hotels in the area are about fully booked and the ones that ar,nt are very expensive.
i booked into a budget hotel an hour away for £200 for 4 nights per couple which isnt that bad.

Motorama

This year will be my 12th consecutive time attending, i've driven 5 times i think, last year in the 59 and the year before in the 53.

Will probably drive out this year to attend the Power Big Meet and then leave my car there at a friends place so i can fly back out in August to attend Classic Car Week in Rattvick driving home after that

daveyboy

Quoting: Motorama
This year will be my 12th consecutive time attending, i've driven 5 times i think, last year in the 59 and the year before in the 53.

Will probably drive out this year to attend the Power Big Meet and then leave my car there at a friends place so i can fly back out in August to attend Classic Car Week in Rattvick driving home after that

if i had cars like that i would drive to

Incursus

daveyboy

mkb takes on europe.
long way to drag the bbq

art b

checkin out the dates to see wot else we ave on ......
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

Roadkill

I don't think I can afford the petrol in the '58 all the way to Sweden and back !

Planing it is tempting, though.

Motorama

Quoting: Roadkill
I don't think I can afford the petrol in the '58 all the way to Sweden and back !

It's not as bad as you think. I treat it as my holiday and turn it into a 12 day trip. I split it 50/50 with a mate the last few years and it works out circa £1300 to £1500 each for everything ie digs, food, fuel, ferry. I dont reckon thats too bad for a 2 week holiday doing something you love

The last couple of years we have gone first class on the ferry, its a bit dearer but you get free wine and beer on tap in a private lounge, free cooked breakfast, massive cabins. The ferry is a big chunk of the cost and it's an 18 hour crossing.

Last year the 59 Cadillac loaded up with two fat blokes, luggage, tools and lots of beer averaged 18.5 mpg for the journey which i think was amazing for a 50 year old 6.4 litre V8 car.

The year before the 53 Cadillac which was slightly smaller/lighter bodied with a smaller engine and 2 barrel carb averaged 24 mpg for the trip which is incredible.

Generally we use 3 tanks of fuel each way plus a tank of fuel whilst in Vasteras cruising around for 4 days.

We have a lot of family and friends fly out to join us and the cars normally end up with 7 or 8 people in for most of the weekend. Everyone chips in a few quid to help with the cost.

Whilst you are there you will see you are much more a part of it with your own car.

Roadkill

Do you have any details of the ferry / ferry company etc . . . ?

Motorama

we go DFDS from Harwich to Esberg in Denmark.

you can go from Newcastle to Norway and drive down