Not what I needed on way to work

Started by Amey, February 24, 2010, 08:58:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amey

Driving down to Amersham this morning for the 2nd day at the new job.
On the B488 between leighton buzzard and Tring. In a load of traffic and didn't see a huge pothole until I was already on it.
Next thing I know the maro is pulling majorly to the left and not driving right. Find a straight bit of road to pull over and stop. Find that the Front left tyre is completely flat
Call out AA - while waiting for them another person pulls in behind me in a renualt - her front left tyre was also flat
Nice mr AA turns up about 30 mins later.
Removes the tyre and finds a large kink in the back of the wheel - not good
Puts the space saver on and then notices that the back left tyre looks very low. Checks and finds it is at 15psi. Tries to pump it up, but can hear the air escaping as quickly as it is going in
Have to be recovered back home
Got the truck out and it decides not to drive right for a while, but thankfully got me to work for about 12:30ish - although I seemed to have met every large truck along a small B road.

Taken a few pics of the pothole when went past in the truck (and made sure I avoided it ) will check the full damage later. Fingers crossed it can be repaired and we can claim something back from the council

ianjpage

Definately not good, least it wasn't the brand new, sub 1 week old tire lol!!

Quoting: Amey
Taken a few pics of the pothole

cool, can you, if poss, make a note of where exactly it is...poss add a fave on teh sat nav?

Have to see whats going to be the chances of getting summat off teh council, or possibly insurance if its covered??? if not may be cheaper to go back to the steel wheels at mums and put new rubber on them!

Roadkill

F*cking potholes are everywhere !

It's like a mine field on the way to work through the city.

Makes you wonder why the f*ck we're paying council tax.

Cunning Plan

There are so many threads on different forums about potholes and the state of the roads in general Only the other week my boss payed out 1k on his Jaguar to get a rim replaced, new tyres and tracking redone because of a pothole.

Someone put it down to the reduced road maintenance budget and the extremely cold weather demolishing the roads quicker than usual
1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

Andy

Do not come to Bucks / High Wycombe!!

The roads are so dangerous here now it's unbelievable! They've been very slow round here to fill them in and even now they're all coming up again, now bigger and leaving more debris everywhere.

The bit that really grinds my gears is that they will only fill ones that have been reported, I've personally reported several but they're still there and are getting worse. Absolute nightmare.

Motorama

Amersham/Chesham is terrible atm! i've done around 1000 miles all over the country the last fortnight and it seems worse here than anywhere

try  http://www.potholes.co.uk/\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.potholes.co.uk/  for info on how to claim, i think there is also something on the CTC website as well  http://www.fillthathole.org.uk/\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.fillthathole.org.uk/

ianjpage

Cheers for the links - already found the first one - very handy site!!

What do people think the chances are of the wheels on the Van fitting on the maro for a week or so....would they be same pattern  /  spacing etc ?

Amey

Quoting: Motorama
Amersham/Chesham is terrible atm

I know - not fun in the maro or the truck

This is where the pothole is that it went through this morning

Motorama

Quoting: ianjpage
What do people think the chances are of the wheels on the Van fitting on the maro for a week or so....would they be same pattern / spacing etc ?

i dont think so, i'm pretty sure the van will be 5 on 5 pcd and the Camaro 5 on 4.75

Rob

Quoting: ianjpage
What do people think the chances are of the wheels on the Van fitting on the maro for a week or so....would they be same pattern / spacing etc ?

You can loan the chrome trans am spares I've got if you want.....Can't afford to get them refurbed yet so they are just sitting in the garden.

No tyres on them though.

F Body

I have a "spare" Camaro space saver wheel you can borrow if you want

ianjpage

Quoting: Motorama

i dont think so, i'm pretty sure the van will be 5 on 5 pcd and the Camaro 5 on 4.75

Bummer, was kinda hoping i could just swop em over so V could use the maro rather than the truck for the week..but hey ho...

Quoting: Rob

You can loan the chrome trans am spares I've got if you want.....Can't afford to get them refurbed yet so they are just sitting in the garden.

No tyres on them though.

Cheers but dont worry as got a spare set of steel camaro wheels (the originals!) down in swindon....the whole idea is to get them up to MK then change the tyres on them (as they are all woprn but are a more normal size so should be 50 isha  tyre ratehr than the 120 for the alloys!)

Quoting: F Body

I have a "spare" Camaro space saver wheel you can borrow if you want

Cheers FBody but should be OK as its just sat in garden at the mo, prob gunna do what i said above and get teh original steelies back on it!

Incursus

Spotted a couple of teams fixing the potholes in MK today

ianjpage

Quoting: Incursus

WOW

Roadkill

Not on the V3

Andy

Kind of fitting, but my friend from http://www.mkb.cc/forum/index.php?action=vthread&forum=1&topic=9592&page=0#6\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">this thread has just a letter from the council rejecting her form for a refund of the damage.

There is apparently a lot of speil and it goes to 2 pages of bumfph about how and why it's been rejected. She's going to investigate it further as there's a website that says they'll often fob you off.

Incursus

Quoting: Roadkill

Not on the V3

A422 and A509

philoldsmobile

parts of bedford are almost no go now, the A4280 through bedford is effectively single lane in one place..

Amey

Rob

Quoting: Amey
Pic of the offending pothole

What lurks in the depths......