The Oldest Trick in the Book.

Started by F Body, March 06, 2010, 04:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

Advertising for BMW but still pretty neat

http://www.youtube.com/v/-cM9S2AzU28\">http://www.youtube.com/v/-cM9S2AzU28\" type=\"application/x-shockwave-flash\" wmode=\"transparent\" width=\"425\" height=\"350\">

philoldsmobile

thats pretty cool. also the BMW is pretty damned cool...

wierd. cool BMW's

Jamieg285

FUBAR

Quoting: Jamieg285
Cool, but clearly fake

yeah?
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

nick69

BMW blah blah............so powerfull it can pull 0.5kg of fabric

Welcome to planet power. My arse!!

EDGE

i thought it might be fake, the bike cant accelerate asa fast as whipping the cloth, its the instantaneous speed generated by having the slack in the cloth taken up during the acceleration stage that does it ..

if they'd had a coil of rope on the floor and let the bike get up to say 100 before the rope went taught and whippeed the cloth out then fine, but NOT from a standing start with a taught rope....

F Body

Quoting: EDGE
i thought it might be fake, the bike cant accelerate asa fast as whipping the cloth, its the instantaneous speed generated by having the slack in the cloth taken up during the acceleration stage that does it ..

0-62mph in 2.6 seconds I believe

EDGE

but how fast does the cloth move when its slack is taken up instantly, I wouldnt be surprised if you whip that table cloth to an instant 100 odd mph,

tell ya what, you've got a fast bike and some china... lets try it... all you gotta do is drive off......

Jamieg285

But you can see it's fake, it's nothing to do with how fast the bike or cloth is moving.

The tableware is sitting on a top layer the same size as the table top, with the cloth between it and the table.  As the cloth slides out from between them, the whole lot moves together, rather than randomly as it would if it was real - just look at the original demonstration. The items there move more than the big table, and not evenly.

Gator

F Body

Quoting: Gator
bikes suck

Can't argue with 193bhp in bike weighing around 200kg

That's 965bhp per ton

Gator

heh heh knew that would get you snarling

that said in all seriousness

bikes suck

F Body

bikes suck

For me personally there are three main reasons to ride a bike :

1 / The riding experience is just so much more involving than driving a car.

2 / Performance per pound spent.

3 / Congestion.

But as they say each to there own

Anything with an engine is good for me

Gator

Quoting: F Body

bikes suck

1 / i like to get in the way of law abiding car drivers and blame them everytime i crash

2 / i like to buy a cheap performance machine the spend a fortune changing bits on it

3 / i like to spend 20 mins shoehorning my body parts into leather clothing  when i could be on the road and/or arriving at work

LOL

F Body

LOL indeed it took me a few seconds to spot your changes

Incursus

Quoting: F Body

bikes suck

1 / i like to get in the way of law abiding car drivers and blame them everytime i crash

2 / i like to buy a cheap performance machine the spend a fortune changing bits on it  

3 / i like to spend 20 mins shoehorning my body parts into leather clothing when i could be on the road and/or arriving at work

nick69

heh heh knew that would get you snarling

bikes suck

Funniest thing ive read in a long time, perfect delivery dude!!