Easter Thunderball Photos

Started by Andy, April 09, 2010, 03:00:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy

First outing of the year with the camera as well as playing with Aperture 2!

All the usual please, advice, criticism etc...

Cheers

Gator

Fieldy

Is that Peter Andre in the first pic?

Coupla good pics you got their mate

Andy

Cheers Gator! Still learning as i'm going. Really struggling with panning anything under 12 secs on the 1/4, was achieving sub 1/100th on the street cars though

That is indeed Peter Andre, being shown some moves by Terry Grant. After ripping up the stunt arena he then did a set. Pretty sweet if you ask me. I'm no fan, but you do get a lot for you money. (Of course I was only interested in the racing )

Fieldy

I would like to add, I only recognise him as I saw him a few weeks back whilst in central Londons high court, he does have a very recognisable face

Andy

Quoting: Fieldy
I would like to add, I only recognise him as I saw him a few weeks back whilst in central Londons high court, he does have a very recognisable face

Sure, sure...

F Body

Quoting: Fieldy
he does have a very recognisable face

But not as recognisable as his ex-wifes  face though  

Gator

FUBAR

Love the Green charger Daytona, that is
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

FUBAR

+ I had to laugh at Photo 3, that car looks like Spaceballs' Dark Helmet is driving & his head didn't fit in the car
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Andy

Quoting: FUBAR
Love the Green charger Daytona, that is

I got talking to Kev Slyfield at last years 12hour lawn mower race (Yes that's the guy who drives the car in pic 2, he also races lawnmowers!) and that guys has sunk loads into that car. He told me a figure but i won't post it as I wouldn't want to be over stating it.

The shot of it in the fire up road is my technique of putting the camera on a timer and hoisting it up in the air on a monopod and hoping for the best. Always nice to get some shots from odd angles.

HardRockCamaro

Nice shots!
For panning I normally use 1/60th or 1/80th of a second but I can get that down to 1/30th although the hit rate suffers.  I find setting my camera to continuous slow (3fps) instead of high (5fps) also helps the mirror is not as well balanced as the one in the D3 so it tends to kick a bit...

philoldsmobile

its always quite an eye opener exactly how much money drag racing eats, you hear these stories of people who think they can run 9's on a shoestring, but they never seem to come to anything.....

F Body

Quoting: philoldsmobile
its always quite an eye opener exactly how much money drag racing eats

Indeedy I've been told that £20k a year is about the minimum to be in the pack

ianjpage