Air Conditioning Service.

Started by F Body, June 02, 2010, 07:47:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

Finally got round to having the air conditioning system on the Z28 serviced again, checked my history file and I last had it done on 1st October 2004

It was still working fine, probably due to the fact that I run the aircon every time I run the car

State of the art machine, basically plug and play. It even adds a florescent dye into the system, so that any leaks can be quickly found

It gives you a full system print out :

Just drove past the place on the A5 near Markyate the other day,  D & G Group, air con service whilst you wait £34.99

Now I know some of you are from the "If it ain't broke don't fix it camp" but the test results show it had lost 10cc of oil and 130 grams of refrigerant out of a total of 680 grams.

£34.99 well spent me thinks

Lets hope for along hot summer

philoldsmobile

the 'if it aint broke dont fix it' camp shoud see how much damage occurs when the compressor is run out of oil because the 3 year re gas has been missed too many times...

kwik fit ruined my air con compressor by using the wrong pang oil in it, but fortunatley i got a good second hand compressor for £50 from autolusso - a new one was £1100!

F Body

Quoting: philoldsmobile
kwik fit ruined my air con compressor

I wouldn't let Kwik-Fuk even put air in my tyres

Kwik-Fuk = Baboons

Roadkill

Must re-gas the Jeep when I start using her.

philoldsmobile

worth it, the screen will de mist much quicker with the air gassed (it automatically kicks in when you hit defog)

Andy

Air con gurus...

My air-con condensor rotted away many a years ago. I've been looking at replacing it, looks pretty simple. However, before I do that, if the compressor hasn't been working, which is doesn't is the pressure level is too low, will it need replacing or servicing?

Btw, I only found out that the condensor had rotted away last year when my old lady wanted it re-gassed. The guy went about pressure testing it and confirmed the seals were in a good state, but only when he put the R-12 (?) in did it become apparent the lower section of the condensor was missing.

HardRockCamaro

The IROC was running on its original gas when I sold it, as far as the history file showed anyway.  Good old R12.  Blew icy cold and the compressor was working fine after 22 years...

Gator

you took a picture of the ticket coming out of the machine