Roadkill's 1983 Chevy Z28 - (Work Starts on Page 5)

Started by Roadkill, October 18, 2005, 01:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HardRockCamaro

Digital dashes are v cool on 80'ss cars if they look period as obviously, the 80s was the era when electronics were big.

Super modern cars can have digital but only if based on LCD screens with fancy graphics.

90s cars and 70s and prior should not have digital.

Roadkill

The cork gasket material arrived today.

So that's a job for me this weekend.

Also USPS report that my PCV push in has cleared customs this morning.  Hopefully I'll see it before the weekend, too.

Roadkill

F Body

Quoting: Roadkill
Ta. Some useful bits in there .

Some good bike bits as well

Roadkill

Also USPS report that my PCV push in has cleared customs this morning. Hopefully I'll see it before the weekend, too.

Apparently I signed for it at 9.49am . . . . . . . . . trouble is I was at work then as was Sammy . . . . . .

Wonder where that ended up, then ?

ianjpage

LOL thats interesting.......unless a neighbour took it in.....can't they tell ya where it was delviered / who signed for it??

Titsy

Apparently I signed for it at 9.49am . . . . . . . . . trouble is I was at work then as was Sammy . . . . . .

Wonder where that ended up, then ?

must have been the burglers signed for it...

Roadkill

Quoting: ianjpage
who signed for it??

It says I signed for it !

ianjpage

Roadkill

Well . . in the end the postie just signed for it himself and left it under the Caddy !

It means I got it and didn't need to bugger about going down the sorting office . . .

On a side note the PCV valve is absolutely outstanding quality . . I brought a pair (PCV and breather) for the 305ci which were the same price and good quality however this one is excellent quality.

Highly polished, well machined with subtle details.  It's even machined inside to promote airflow !

All that and it came in its own box, in a further shipping box 10 times the size of the first !!!

TO say it was $15 well spent is and understatement !

F Body

TO say it was $15 well spent is and understatement !

F Body Moto No.3 " Cheap is good, free is better "

Roadkill

ianjpage

Well . . in the end the postie just signed for it himself and left it under the Caddy !

cool thats handy then nice mr postie!!

Roadkill

UPDATE !!!

Part 1 . . .

Here's a picture of the custom notched valve cover  . . . thanks to PhilO for the welding . . the nasty score marks were by my hand, unfortunately - my vice is on loan and I was very hampered getting "at it".

Worked, though.

Next is the oh-so-cool-bargain breather.  Most pimp-ness.

Next the home-made 5mm cork gaskets for the valve covers . . . these were still a bit fiddley but I reckon they'll work better than the "stock" gaskets.

The gaskets are still work in progress at the moment . . I'll see how they behave once the engine's been run.

Roadkill

Part 2 . . .

The valve covers fitted - note the alternator had to be removed - as did the serp belt.

These next two pictures really show why that valve cover had to be notched further - F*ck knows how Canton have got away with saying they fit the F-Body LT1.

No biggie, though - It's kinda cool adding subtle mods to things, I reckon.

F Body

the nasty score marks were by my hand,

You won't be able to see that bit anyway will you

Next the home-made 5mm cork gaskets for the valve covers .

Looking good

F Body

It's kinda cool adding subtle mods to things, I reckon.

Jeeze that is still pretty tight

Roadkill

Part 3 . . .

The overall picture(s) at the moment.

It's views like this that keep me going !!!

F Body

It's views like this that keep me going !!!

Said like a true petrol head

Roadkill

Quoting: F Body

I know, I know - I was on a kinda deadline at the time so had little choice.

You won't be able to see that bit anyway will you

No, not at all.

Jeeze that is still pretty tight

Yup.  Couldn't take anymore off though as the roller rockers are wider than the stock pressed ones meaning, obviously, they need more space.

I even had to file a 1mm groove inside the cover on the fold-line of the notch to allow further clearance for the rockers !!!

Tight alright.

F Body

I even had to file a 1mm groove inside the cover

Double Jeeze

Lets hope that they locate spot on

Titsy

my vice is on loan

Dude, you should have given me a call an I would have brought it right over....

Incursus

HardRockCamaro