Roadkill's 1983 Chevy Z28 - (Work Starts on Page 5)

Started by Roadkill, October 18, 2005, 01:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadkill

Quoting: F Body
What are you doing for the actual exhaust system

I'll be making a stainless dual-system assembled from Jetex parts . . . .

Quoting: Titsy
What was the clearence?

I reckon - as she sits - that the headers will have about 4" . . . that said her front tyres are a little flat - which won't help.

On a sidenote I may have to alter the oil cooler lines as I suspect they'll clash.

The BIG question is when do you think she'll hit the road again

Dunno . . . I'd like to say september . . . but once I get the motor running (issue-free) I'll be happy.
I'd like to be at that stage in JUNE.

Incursus

Quoting: Roadkill
Chris who did . . . err . . . well, something

I kept your missus company

sixpack2639

I'd like to be at that stage in JUNE.

With the latest shipment of goodies enroute that should be a realistic goal!!

Roadkill

She's now been moved back outside ready for further work . . .

Getting her out of the garage was fun - OMG she's low - and she wasn't even partially loaded !

Next jobs will be to re-fit the calipers and front S/S brake lines / flexi's.  I also need to get a custom line made up in order to fit the line-lock.

The parts from the U.S should be here within the next week or so (maybe even friday) but, to be honest there's not much to go on, really . . . . mainly prop-shaft and headers . . .

I do need to finish off running a line from the PCV valve and other odd vacuum hoses, too . . .

ianjpage

Roadkill

Two out of the three boxes are currently due to be delivered wednesday.

No mention of any customs charges, on any of them, either.

That's the kit Mike's got . . . I decided that the Aero-kit would kill my already lacking ground-clearances.  Also, It's not a straight forward bolt-on on the earlier Third-Gens.
Plus I'd need a lower air dam (the later nose-cones don't have the vents the early ones do) which means almost zero clearance at the front.

ianjpage

Two out of the three boxes are currently due to be delivered wednesday.

No mention of any customs charges, on any of them, either.

sweeeeet

Andy

The air dam on those late third gens is a biatch! Hangs so low. The guy we bought ours off said it was one of the reasons he was getting rid of it as they had laid loads of those middle of the road speed humps and he'd got fed up of putting the thing back on..

FUBAR

just slow down for them instead & stick 1 wheel over them, thats what I have to do... It REALLY pisses people off behind you tho

Or drive down the middle of the road that pisses EVERYBODY off

good news on the shiny things front
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Andy

Well was quite surprised at how it seems to be the only, if not the main way the radiator gets any air to it! I still don't understand the apparent cold air intake which is just above the front right healamp by the sealed part of the bonnet... can't imagine that gets much air flow.

Sounds like the project is really coming on! Got any recent shots? I've seen parts of the car but not a full, as it stand one. Would be good to see what the ground clearance is. If only its for the rest of us to sigh that we haven't got it that bad...

Roadkill

Quoting: Andy
Got any recent shots?

No.

I've seen parts of the car but not a full, as it stand one.

Will get some sorted once more shiny, shiny goes on.

Andy

Will get some sorted once more shiny, shiny goes on.

Sweett  

F Body

Well was quite surprised at how it seems to be the only, if not the main way the radiator gets any air to it!

Exactly the same on the 4th Gen but not quite as low

Roadkill

Two packages are at the MK depot and the other is receiving charges at customs.

Roadkill

Two boxes are waiting for me at home, according to Sammy - Looks like the Propshaft in one and another "Thigh height" one.

Both boxes look undamaged, too.

Can't wait.

ianjpage

sweet so whens the next part fitting weekend then huh huh

Andy

Any chance you'll let a newbie help out? Never really had a chance to get involved with fitting stuff, so would be well happy to don the apprectice cap..

Roadkill

Yeah, no worries, mate.

That said most of the hard work's now been done !

There's only the new prop (4 screws) and the headers, really, to fit.

I think.

I'll have to assemble a new exhaust system but that'll be a couple of months off, yet, easy.

F Body

Exactly the same on the 4th Gen but not quite as low

Here's my 4th gen air dam

Andy

Uh huh, cheers for the photo. Liking the Chevy drinks bottle!

F Body

Liking the Chevy drinks bottle!

It's mounted to the front of the pressure washer & holds the soap

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/fbody007/Z28/CIMG6818.jpg?t=1240428608\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\"> [img]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/fbody007/Z28/CIMG6818.jpg?t=1240428608\" border=\"0\"  alt=\"\" width=150>

sixpack2639

the other is receiving charges at customs

Those headers were only worth $50.

Gator

Quoting: sixpack2639

thats UK officialdom for ya

Roadkill

Quoting: sixpack2639

Makes me wonder if they've opened it up ?