Roadkill's 1983 Chevy Z28 - (Work Starts on Page 5)

Started by Roadkill, October 18, 2005, 01:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

55starchief

Yup

As posted in the other thread i found the turbos new for £190 each and looking at the rest of the kit there is more than £300 in oarts and fab

Roadkill

For £700 I smell something

Maybe just me, though.

55starchief

dont think so mate, he has loads of kits on there about the same price, the one i pm'd you is the odd one out

A quick look through his feedback and that kit is going from $1000-$1500 with pretty good feedback from people buying it

Roadkill

Gunna review my credit card tonight . . . and see how much I actually get paid tomorrow (first pay day in new job).

Then make some decisions . . . .

55starchief

700hp should be just enough to make that an intresting drive

55starchief

Quoting: Roadkill

So the Turbos in this kit would mount forward of the engine, right ?

yes, you should have plenty of space, might be worth an email to the guy on the 'headers' and ask him the length just to be sure

Roadkill

All in, with shipping it works out at £59

£58.24, in fact. - again, a good rate from my credit card.

Roadkill

Quoting: 55starchief
yes, you should have plenty of space

Yup, should be no problem . . .

might be worth an email to the guy on the 'headers' and ask him the length just to be sure

It states 24.5" on :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevy-Camaro-Trans-Am-Firebird-350-305-TURBO-HEADERS-TT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33631QQihZ016QQitemZ260153616587\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevy-Camaro-Trans-Am-Firebird-350-305-TURBO-HEADERS-TT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33631QQihZ016QQitemZ260153616587

I'll have a measure at the weekend . . .

55starchief

Your gonna have a very very very quick maro there mate

Titsy

oh yeah, if your going turbo your gonna need one of these

Don't forget the wide band O2 sensor...

Titsy

Roadkill might be a fitting name...

Roadkill

I'm only doing the "fast car" build once.  So I'm doing it right.

TBH, fast cars ain't my thing . . . but everyone's gotta have one, right ?

Roadkill

By the way . . how do Turbos respond to laughing gas ?

55starchief

Quoting: Titsy

Don't forget the wide band O2 sensor...

im gonna order one of these mate as i need ot for a couple of jobs.

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lm1.php\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lm1.php

and this part

55starchief

By the way . . how do Turbos respond to laughing gas ?

you dont use it in the engine you use it over the intercooler to cool the charge further, you can also use CO2 which is cheaper

Roadkill

55starchief

Can you get the part number off the trans matey

if it is Ford part number 7003Z its good for 450hp

Titsy

So what are you doing for fueling... N.B. those exhaust headers look shockingly bad...

55starchief

So what are you doing for fueling...

upping the jets 2 sizes in the blow through carb to start with

N.B. those exhaust headers look shockingly bad...

in what way? i thought they looked pretty good

Roadkill

So what are you doing for fueling...

upping the jets 2 sizes in the blow through carb to start with

Also, I'm installing the largest diameter ally fuel line I can possibly fit to the Camaro . . . Fuel being pumped by a new Holley Blue leccy pump.

The carb is specifically designed for after-market forced induction.

those exhaust headers look shockingly bad...

In what way ? . . . The seam welding is fairly tidy . . . they're Stainless . . . the flanges are fairly rough laser-cut, admittedly, but who cares - they'll more then do the job and at that price are practically give-away !?

55starchief

Your going to need a pump that can deliver 1 pound of fuel to 1 pound of boost. While your running the stock T5 the holley should be ok but when you wind up the boost you might want to look at an EFI pump and regulate it down

Titsy

In what way ? . . . The seam welding is fairly tidy . . . they're Stainless . . . the flanges are fairly rough laser-cut, admittedly, but who cares - they'll more then do the job and at that price are practically give-away !?

As I said to you after I posted it... It's not the build quality so much as the layout...

55starchief

As I said to you after I posted it... It's not the build quality so much as the layout...

whats wrong with the layout? its the same as every turbo manifold i have seen on a production car