Roadkill's 1983 Chevy Z28 - (Work Starts on Page 5)

Started by Roadkill, October 18, 2005, 01:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gator

Quoting: Roadkill
Well - the turbo manifolds point forwards . . leaving the exhausts in front of the motor . . . I could run them back underneath - but it'll be cool to hide them, too.

We'll see.

aaaah your way would be the way to do it then

55starchief

Quoting: Gator

Well - the turbo manifolds point forwards . . leaving the exhausts in front of the motor . . . I could run them back underneath - but it'll be cool to hide them, too.

We'll see.

aaaah your way would be the way to do it then

Yeah and really confuse people when they see the pipe vanish into the front fender LOL

Roadkill

Just ordered yet more POR15 . . . on next day delivery.

:skint:

Roadkill

:skint:

Great.  

That TT kit has just gone back up on eBay . . . seems it's listed every 4-6 weeks or so.

55starchief

That TT kit has just gone back up on eBay . . . seems it's listed every 4-6 weeks or so.

Typical

Roadkill

Thought I'd take advantage of a reasonable evening and start the POR15'ing.

Just under two hours got the front wheel arches and the underside of the battery trays done.

No pics as my hands were numb when I'd finished and it was getting dark.

Fingers crossed tomorrow evening's as good so I can carry on.

Gator

Dean i have noticed that POR15 goes on much better/easier on a warm day

art b

This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

F Body

Quoting: art b
all looking.... very un-dean like....

This is new Dean, he even does

Roadkill

Quoting: Gator
Dean i have noticed that POR15 goes on much better/easier on a warm day

Agreed.

It was fairly warm when I started (T-Shirt weather) but after an hour or so my hands did get alittle numb.

I purposely stopped earlier than I could've because I knew another half hour and it would've started getting difficult.

Quoting: art b
all looking.... very un-dean like....

There's a time for quick, cheap fixes and a time for well thought-out, decent work.

The Z28 is a case of the latter.

I'm no cowboy - Only I appreciate that not every car/job/task requires my full attention . . . if it did I'd truly have no time for anything as I am a perfectionist idealist.

Roadkill

F*cking rain.

No POR15ing tonight.

Still I've now identified all the "bolt kits" from Spohn ready for (hopefully) a busy weekend rebuilding.

I've also got a few old bits (which need to be re-used) soaking in rust remover at the moment . . I'll hopefully plate them before the weekend.

Also my two uber tins of POR15 arrived from Frost today . . . but I'm starting to think I could've gotten away with one - based on how far a baby tin went last night . . .

Oh well.  A mixed evening . . . .

Gator

POR15 metal ready is awesome at disolving rust mate

im starting to sound like a bloody por15 ad man but tis good stuff

Roadkill

That's what I've been using.

Used it to successfully separate some rusty brake fittings.

FUBAR

It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Roadkill

Got a bit more POR15'ing done - P/S inner fender / P/S battery tray - then it started raining so I had to shut the bonnet on myself, lay on my back and finish off the underside of the P/S chassis rail that way !

My legs got wet poking out but I went on 'til it started getting hard to see.

Slowly, slowly . . .

Gator

put some por15 in a plastic cup a couple of mm deep and break it out when it dries you will get to see how strong it is  

art b

Also my two uber tins of POR15 arrived from Frost today . . . but I'm starting to think I could've gotten away with one - based on how far a baby tin went last night . . .  

gator will buy it.....
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

Roadkill

A full night of it tonight.

I'm going back out there soon . . .

Titsy

Any good for my axle???

Roadkill

Quoting: Titsy
Any good for my axle???

Maybe.

Titsy

Maybe.

Might be worth me bunging you some greenback for what you have left then....

Roadkill

I'll see how much is left . . . . It's a pity you didn't mention it earlier as I would've hit the bigger can and left the smaller one(s).

It's a pig to paint awkward items, though . . . . . I must admit if I were POR15 an engine bay again (which I will be) I'd look into spraying it . . .

Roadkill

UPDATE to cover the last few nights . . . (Pictures taken this evening)

No, the engine bay isn't 100% finished so you can resist saying "missed a bit".

D/S Arch

P/S Arch

'Bay.  Tanks refitted.

55starchief

ianjpage