Main Menu

motorama

Started by Gator, July 04, 2010, 06:04:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gator

are you going to vesteras this year ?

spose you may be on route

daveyboy

he does tend to go by road. a meet up would be ace.

Gator

i think i have his number somewhere

Motorama

Im still in Sweden, currently in Helsingborg on our way back. We will leave Sweden tomorrow, drive acrross Denmark and catch the ferry back to England tomorrow afternoon

We had a week staying on the East coast of Sweden at various places then I was in Vasteras from Tuesday till Sunday. In all the years ive been attending this years was without doubt the best. You really chose a great year to attend

daveyboy

we may do it next year in the rv if money is good.
was a cracker, drove to the show everyday day from solna in a biofuel volvo and we drove up a bit of the the east coast only as far as gavle though.
sweden in general is a fab place , the meet was ace. the people are ace and the taxes high.

Andy

Heard from Rich about you being flash emailing him from your Blackberry saying you're in Sweden Andy.

Sounds and absolute blast. If you had to totally it up for driving a car there, how much would you be looking at?

Motorama

It depends how you do the trip really, we make it our annual holiday, travel 1st class on the boat and stay at decent hotels in nice places along the way. This year i was away for 15 days, but you could do it in 6 or 7.

This year the trip probably cost £5k for 4 of us for a 2 week holiday. 2 years ago i did it for under £3k with 2 of us in the car. Price up a couple of weeks in Florida and there's not a lot of difference

There's lots of savings to be made though. You could sail/chunnel and then drive up through Germany which in a modern car would be an easy run, approx 1500 miles each way. You could also camp or B&B in Sweden which is cheap, we rented a cabin by the beach for 1 night this year which was only £50 for 4 of us.

Just drop me a pm with any specific questions and i'll point you in the right direction

philoldsmobile

I was going to do this a couple of years ago, but the mustang shit the bed (the first time) before I could book it up. was going to do dover - calais, then drive up through france belgium holland etc..

daveyboy

been doing a bit of research into taking the rv next year.

ferry from harwich to esjberg is around £800 for a 30 foot rv, and 4 people sharing a 4 berth cabin.
then from esjberg to vasteras is around a 1100 mile round trip so i would bank on £300 in diesel.

no accomodation needed and you can overnight most places for free..

this years trip was about £80 each to fly from stansted to vasteras . then because accomodation close by is hard to find we ended up staying on the edge of stockholm ( 100 kms away) in a budget hotel. that was around £250 for 4 nights for a double room

car hire was £170 ish for the five days and we used about £110 in fuel ( cheap biofuel)

at the end of the day you can spend as much or as little as you want getting there. and if you share the costs its better.

however what ever way you go there it will be well worth it

art b

how many can ya get in that rv dave.....

about 12.....
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

Motorama

We always stay at the Scandic hotel on the edge of Vasteras, i booked my rooms for next year when i checked out this year. There's also the Elite hotel in town where a lot of Brits stay. Its better if you can stay in town as you can then walk up to the cruise route and join the thousands or people partying at the side of the road watching the cars go by. The car park at the Scandic hotel is like a car show on its own.

daveyboy

what are the dates of next years show  ???, i have,nt been able to find them

daveyboy

Quoting: art b
how many can ya get in that rv dave.....

about 12.....

must leave room for beer and immigrants

Motorama

Quoting: daveyboy
what are the dates of next years show ???, i have,nt been able to find them

They havent announced them yet but the hotel reserved my rooms from Wed 6th to Sun 10th and they are usually right. The show is Thurs/Fri and Sat with cruising on all 3 nights.

daveyboy