Nike Dunk 6.0 DeLorean shoes.

Started by F Body, November 22, 2010, 02:24:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

Starting this Friday, November 26, Nike will be selling its brand-new Dunk 6.0 DeLorean shoe, modeled after what is perhaps the most iconic movie car of all time, the DMC-12 from Back to the Future.

Our favorite stainless-steel sports car has been reinterpreted in the form of a pair of shoes featuring a matte silver, no-sew constructed upper body. The shoe's sole mimics the DMC-12's 80's-tastic taillights, and there's even a Belfast stamp on the tongue, giving a hat tip to the Irish factory where John Z's machines were originally produced. It even comes in a gullwing-inspired box.

No official details have been released as to how many pairs of these special shoes will be produced or what they will cost, though a few online sources have cited that 1,000 pairs will be available worldwide.
I can see Edge in a pair of these

EDGE

ianjpage

daveyboy

wonder how many wierdos buy em and try to run at 88mph

FUBAR

Quoting: daveyboy
wonder how many wierdos buy em and try to run at 88mph

LOL!!

8.8mph probably
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

FUBAR

Guess that never got the go ahead...

EDGE

that looks a lot like a bugatti eb110... one of my all time favourites.....

F Body

Quoting: F Body
No official details have been released as to how many pairs of these special shoes will be produced or what they will cost,

Quoting: DeLorean Motor Company
Retail between USD90 and 100, sadly not sold at any DMC location. Hitting stores on November 26, 2010 - NikeTown stores are a good bet as are shoe places that carry the Nike 6.0 line...

daveyboy

i would have them at that price if the lights underneath worked.

i could get rat arsed, fall asleep on the ground in a field and my hazzard lights would prevent anyone tripping over me.

and if i ever was to chat up a bird whos husband was bigger than me i could apply my reversing lights and gently back away.

how cool would that be.

would need a reversing beeper for maximum effest though

Roadkill

Quoting: daveyboy
i could get rat arsed, fall asleep on the ground in a field and my hazzard lights would prevent anyone tripping over me.

and if i ever was to chat up a bird whos husband was bigger than me i could apply my reversing lights and gently back away.

how cool would that be.

I think the gull-wing box looks better than the trainers themselves . . .

F Body

Quoting: Roadkill
I think the gull-wing box looks better than the trainers themselves .

That's what this video says

http://jalopnik.com/5698368/2010-delorean-nike-dunk-60-first-sprint\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://jalopnik.com/5698368/2010-delorean-nike-dunk-60-first-sprint

EDGE

I've called the niketown in london, JD sport head office and nike themselves, no one is saying if the UK is even getting them....

so.... I called nike HQ in the states, they cant say which niketowns over there are getting them or at what time they'll be released, but i expect to see them on ebay.com for $400 or so that morning...  I'll keep an eye on ebay for any BINs and see what sort of prices theyre charging for international shipping.....

FUBAR

You're actually going to get some then

are you actually going to wear them?...

EDGE

i doubt ill wear them no, they'll just go in the collection with the other...*cough*xxxx*cough* pairs of sneakers that ive bought for collecting purposes...

F Body

Quoting: FUBAR
You're actually going to get some then  

are you actually going to wear them?...

I have to admit that it's also crossed my mind

F Body

Quoting: F Body
I have to admit that it's also crossed my mind

Can't find any for sale anywhere regardless of price

Tried EGay, Google and the Nike Shops

F Body

Quoting: EDGE
but i expect to see them on ebay.com for $400 or so that morning... I'll keep an eye on ebay for any BINs and see what sort of prices theyre charging for international shipping.....

Still can't find jack

FUBAR

EDGE

EDGE
Shazam!!!

Mega 'Ho (4727)
   # Posted: 26 Nov 2010 18:31:26
Quote Edit

I'm not paying the $600-$900 eBay is asking :(. And the only Niketown with them can't ship internationally :(.

I'm out :( <~ real tears :(

FUBAR

And the only Niketown with them can't ship internationally

anyone side?

EDGE

Too late to check with anyone really, everywhere is sold out :(

F Body

I'm not paying the $600-$900 eBay is asking

everywhere is sold out

Fieldy

Wow, too many people with dodgy sneaker fetishes out there....

F Body

Quoting: Fieldy
too many people with dodgy sneaker fetishes out there...

Although I've now found out that your can custom design your own Nike ID Shoes

EDGE

Yeah, I saw that. Can't do them anything like the DMCs though