To snow or not to snow ?

Started by F Body, December 18, 2010, 05:28:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

Quoting: Roadkill
It's not that the snow turns them to idiots . . . they're idiots anyway

Ain't that the truth

F Body

Been out for a meal and the A505 between Luton & Hitchin hasn't been cleared or gritted

One lane open with two tyre tracks which are freezing over

That'll cause gridlock in the morning, jeeze it's like living a third world country

Andy

Quoting: F Body
jeeze it's like living a third world country

Aren't they generally warm? The ones in Africa are.

F Body

Not a single main road in Luton has been gritted

The gritters are out with their lights flashing, but they ain't gritting

I think they have run out of grit again

Incursus

Yeah its a bummer.  Fortunately I don't go back to work till the 4th so

Cunning Plan

It took 2 hours to get from Northampton to Cambridge this morning I thought the roads would have been cleared a bit by the weekend traffic - but no

Going to try and leave early today, especially if it snows more!

Just looked at the local weather on my phone an it is stating Cambridge as -9 !!
1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

F Body

It was -7.5c when I left at 05:20pm, someone told me -12c is forecast for Tuesday morning

Cunning Plan

It's showing -7 at the moment and it seems like it - it is fuking artic out there!!

My toes were going numb just walking across the carpark I can usually defrost the car with bare-hands (just) before getting in the car to drive off slowly and warm them back up, but gloves are deffiantly needed right now!

Next time you see a cobweb, take a closer look, they are like works of art, the strands are thicker and white with frost / snow - looks cool.. I'll try and get a picture

art b

had a nice weekend of it in the snow, in the village where my bro lives...

i even did my good deed for the day and cleaned my nieghbors van windscreens for him ,while he was away,,,

This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

Cunning Plan

That black wedge looks like my old one

They are excellent in the snow, all the weight over the rear wheels

Andy

I drew to stick people going at it with 'Das gut ja!' on our VW Caddy van. Showed up in the ice this morning!

Amey

Took me 1 1/2 hours to walk to work this morning

They then decided to shut the office at 3pm today. So very nicely asked a colleague to drop me off as close to home as he could.

We're currently due more snow tonight\tomorrow

Big Mouse

Pick up was crap in the snow until I switched on the 6BPS system then it was fine.

6BPS = 6 big paving slabs!! With them sitting over the back axle and I could go anywhere

art b

ianjpage

Quoting: Big Mouse

Pick up was crap in the snow until I switched on the 6BPS system then it was fine.

6BPS = 6 big paving slabs!! With them sitting over the back axle and I could go anywhere

lol

F Body

More moderate snow fall forecast for MKB later tonight / Wednesday morning

Big Mouse

While its cold and miserable we should all try to remember others and what they are having to go through and the trials and tribulations that living where they live brings.

So give thanks that none of us live next to ArtB

Incursus

6 big paving slabs!! With them sitting over the back axle and I could go anywhere

need to take the Mustang out in a bit...

Roadkill

Roads are O.K, now - was doing a happy 45mph down the V's and H's until I caught up with the mass of idiots still going walking speed.

art b

While its cold and miserable we should all try to remember others and what they are having to go through and the trials and tribulations that living where they live brings.

So give thanks that none of us live next to ArtB

ho ho ho... bloody ho........

philoldsmobile

ahh, the CTCS  - capri traction control system.

as with the last couple of years, the alfa has coped very well, very sure footed. I did switch it to the less aggressive throttle map, (turns TC on as well) though to be fair i've switched back to sport (TC off and more aggressive throttle) as it feels weird in standard mode!!

the cheap chinese sunew tyres have performed very well too..

art b

its been around 2 deg here today.. with the white stuff slightly meltin....

Roadkill

The roads in MK have been ploughed and gritted, now . . . . there's practically no snow left yet people still insist on driving 15mph.

WHAT THE F*CK !!!???

Get off the F*cking road if you can't drive !!!

Roadkill

Great.

More light snow here in North M.K . . . . Sammy says it's a blizzard in South M.K.

philoldsmobile

Armageddon here now...... watching trucks and cars sliding backwards down the road outside...

does mean me tits have dissapeared... deno - where is the photo of the tits?