FAO Cunning Plan...

Started by Andy, February 14, 2011, 09:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy

Cunning Plan, I have a cunning plan that might involve some vinyl stickers.

Couple of questions,
A) Do you still make them?

B) Is the glue up to sticking to UHWM plastic?

Sounds far fetched but I could put a bit of business your way if the answers yes to the above.

Andy

EDGE

i also need a big graphic cut, was meant to ask you about it before...  what are you like on cutting cough-copywritten logos-cough....

Cunning Plan

Quoting: Andy
what are you like on cutting cough-copywritten logos-cough....

If it's one or two vinyl designs and just for you, then I maybe able to help. If they are coloured standard stickers or you want to sell them on yourself or you want more than a few - then I won't be able to help.

Do you still make them?

http://www.thisway-up.com\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">www.thisway-up.com

I do

Is the glue up to sticking to UHWM plastic?

Not totally sure, at a guess I'd say yes. The only surfaces I have found so far that they won't stick to is under-seal painted and unclean ones or uneven surfaces.

If it is flat and clean then yes they should stick. It would probably be better to make up a sample for you to test

What's the plan then?
1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

Andy

Well me and my friend have a product we want to sell and I need some stickers for it. It's still in it's infancy and I'm currently making prototypes of it.

I ask about that specific material as it's really slippery (gigitty) and has a self lubricating surfaces (double gigitty!).

I would need a donut shape sticker made up to go in a slot. Maybe another design in the centre as not to waste the material.

Just out of interest do you cut out shapes or are they just scored?

Cunning Plan

Just out of interest do you cut out shapes or are they just scored?

Vinyl is 'cut' to some extent. Technically it is scored into a shape / silhouette, which is then weeded to get rid of the unwanted material which reveals the finished product.

EDGE

it would only be for me mate, only 2 of, one for each side of a light box sign for my garage at home...

what's the widest you can cut ?  It's standard colours, (actually, do you have a colour chart available?)

Cunning Plan

Quoting: EDGE
it would only be for me mate, only 2 of, one for each side of a light box sign for my garage at home...

ahh OK.

what's the widest you can cut ? It's standard colours, (actually, do you have a colour chart available?)

Well actually, I can make it simple as I only have green, pink, black and white at the moment and I have just received my latest order of vinyl stock. So, if you wanted a different colour not including those, you may have to wait until I put my next order through..

EDGE

sorry, must have missed this...

how do you want the artwork? ai vector graphic ?

Cunning Plan

what's the widest you can cut ?

Sorry, I must have missed this too. The widest I can cut is 210 x 600mm or 600 x 210mm - doesn't matter which way it is orientated.

how do you want the artwork? ai vector graphic ?

.ai is fine, but .eps is easier to throw across systems / versions etc.

EDGE

Bugger, so a 600 square is impossible ?

Cunning Plan

Bugger, so a 600 square is impossible ?

Impossible until I get my new cutter - which maybe a while..

Sorry chap

Out of interest, what were you looking at doing?