Daily Driver Update.

Started by F Body, February 26, 2011, 09:11:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

Yes the Camaro has been entered into daily driver duty for the last few weeks. This week it's been to work, the Dentist, Costco Watford and BMW in Oxford

With the the general weather being wet, I'm getting quite good at anticipating when the bitch is going to try and kill me  

The real problem area is the gearbox change from third to fourth gear, this occurs around 53mph and if the road is chambered and wet, even on a constant light throttle position she spins the rear wheels and can get very sideways

I've still got some electrical gremlins,  such as the check gauges light coming on :

Traced the issue to the brass earth stud under the 2nd fuse box, tried to remove it and the bugger snapped off, time for yet another visit to USless Automotive in Bedford this morning :

Don't think the poor old Gal has ever been this dirty

The only other issue apart from the frequency of stones hitting the windscreen, three times this week but luckily no signs of damage, is fuel consumption

She's averaging around 27mpg, but it hurts filling her up twice in a week

Roadkill

Quoting: F Body
Yes the Camaro has been entered into daily driver duty for the last few weeks

(The only few weeks of it's entire life).

You really do take some pictures of complete crap !!

F Body

Quoting: Roadkill
(The only few weeks of it's entire life).

It won't be much longer after spending nearly £200 this week on petrol

Quoting: Roadkill
You really do take some pictures of complete crap !!

Fieldy

27MPG... Bloody hell, that is impressive

F Body

Quoting: Fieldy
27MPG... Bloody hell, that is impressive

26.44mpg to be completely accurate, I was hoping to be in the 28mpg range, but the engine isn't at it's most economical in all the motorway camera enforced 50mph limits

Best was a 31.64mpg and worst 19.52mpg

Little known fact of the day :

I came second in the RAC 2002 Round Britain Economy Driving Event, which is a timed event, meaning you can't drive slowly to win