South Bucks Car Meet

Started by Andy, March 07, 2011, 07:24:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy

Rather than start on every month, shall update this when it comes around.

The meet is tomorrow today, usual place, and for as long as people can stick the cold + dark.

Seems the meets been brought forward a month as theres a lot of interest in people getting their cars out.

Would be awesome to see some of you guys, but understand it's a bit of a trek!

Details:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/place?cid=16077383917884700485&q=The+Harte+and+Magpies,+Magpie+Lane&hl=en&dtab=5&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=14.619467,39.331055&ie=UTF8&ll=60.478879,-23.730469&spn=0,0&t=h&z=5\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">Harte and Magpie Pub,
Magpie Lane,
Amersham,
Buckinghamshire,
HP7 0LU

Starting from 6ish to make the most of the light. The place does do good food, although having a quick scan of the beerintheevening guide, it doesn't appear cheap!

F Body

That's my Z28 between the Volvo and red MG BGT

Unlikely to make it tonight, won't be away from work until after 7pm

Incursus

Can't make it tonight as its pancake day

FUBAR

Quoting: Incursus
Can't make it tonight as its pancake day

and I think they gritted last night...
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Andy

No worries guys, we're only making tonight as we have the car going in for an MOT and it's only round the corner.

Quoting: F Body
That's my Z28 between the Volvo and red MG BGT

You sure? I took this photo, and I was at this meet, don't remember seeing you? Doesn't the bonnet look a but Stingray also...

F Body

Quoting: Andy
You sure?

I've got to the age where I'm not sure of anything

I think you could be right, although I definitely parked next to a red MG BGT last time

Andy

Good turn out for start of the season, like an idiot I forgot my camera and even by 6pm the light was so bad my iPhone struggled.

We arrived not long after 5:30 as we came straight from work, had some food (which is very good, if a little pricey). Rich the owner of the '72 Charger turned up not long after 6 alonng with Graham who runs the Hellfire Hot Rod club in his Rover V8 Pop. Along with him came a guy with a '52 tri Chevy 2 door in red and White, looked the mutts! Another tri chevy in blue with 4 doors turned up not much later along with a stinking huge Ford pickup dually!

Time got the better of us and me and Dave had to make tracks although we were given details of another Saturday morning drive in meet just up the road that we shall be going to as well.

When I'm next on my mac I'll post a link to the South Bucks Car Meet Facebook page. Would really appreciate those on fb liking it and spreading the word as I'm not in with a lot of car folks on FB and it's a pretty neat and easy way of spreading the word.

F Body

Would really appreciate those on fb liking it and spreading the word as I'm not in with a lot of car folks on FB and it's a pretty neat and easy way of spreading the word.

What can I say

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/fbody007/Misc/DSC05012.jpg\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\"> [img]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/fbody007/Misc/DSC05012.jpg\" border=\"0\"  alt=\"\" width=150>

Andy

What can I say  
YMCA tash pic

You can say it's a really useful publicity thing  

Hoping to get it going as it'll be somewhere to chuck up photos of the meets for people to see... will see how it goes.

Anyway, if people on Facebook can put the word around it would be very much appreciated

http://www.facebook.com/pages/South-Bucks-Classic-Car-and-Bike-Meet/146917875371334\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">South Bucks Classic Car and Bike meet FB Page

If you click 'like' you'll get a digest of the posts and photos

Cheers!

Motorama

Sorry i couldnt make it, got home from work later than intended.

Glad a few turned out, the meet is starting to get established now and the FB page is a good way of updating people and sharing photos

Andy

No worries Andy, I thought it would be a bit too dark and cold really, and it was!

But good to see some regulars eager to get going.

The http://www.facebook.com/pages/South-Bucks-Classic-Car-and-Bike-Meet/146917875371334\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">South Bucks Meet Page will hopefully get some more interest going. I am trying my best to whore it all over the place and various forums.

I just need to remember to take my camera!!

Andy

Bumpity bump!

This coming Tuesday is the first 'Official' meet, after the March one which was a bit dark and cold.

Hoping the weather holds out and it brings the cars out! The Facebook page has already been popular, though people seem to go on it and not like it

Anway, same place, Harte and Magpies Pub, Whipass Hill, Amersham from 7:30 onwards!

ps, after the last meet, the fish and chips is recommended! Also a real ale pub for those who fancy filtering their beer through their teef!

F Body

This coming Tuesday is the first 'Official' meet,

Incursus

Ah if only I hadn't promised to take the girlfriend out to dinner...rookie mistake, I know

Edit: Menu at the pub looks good though so maybe next month

Andy

I promise to be there tonight...

Quoting: Incursus
Ah if only I hadn't promised to take the girlfriend out to dinner...rookie mistake

Bring her along tonight, only way to tell if the relationship has legs by how well she can stick being sat in a car park on an April night.

Only kiddin' the menu is blooming good, and on top of that if the weathers nice they have tables outside, so May time you can have your dinner and look at the cars! Best of both worlds!

F Body

I promise to be there tonight...

Umm 30 miles of M1/M25 traffic

Andy

Are you sure that's the quickest way? I did a couple of trips to MK and found the back roads to wing and then getting on the A5 bypass the quickest.

Motorama

Think Martin is more Luton way, i'd go Hemel, A41 to Chesham, then Amersam and you're there, nice route

Andy

Ah in which case yeah, A41 then Chesham Amersham. Some nice bits of road around there too, can also check your car out going up that hill!

Motorama

F Body

It was a busy meet tonight

Arrived early & Management bought me dinner

Had a pint of Cider Shandy and if I hadn't seen the barman put the lemonade in 1st, I'd have sworn it was pure Cider

Then I noticed it was 6.5 %

Loved the little blue Trabant with the small block Ford V8

I met both Andy's and a couple of other people I know

Took as many pictures as I could before it went dark :

http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/fbody007/South%20Bucks%20Meet%20120411/?albumview=slideshow\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/fbody007/South%20Bucks%20Meet%20120411/?albumview=slideshow

F Body

Oh nearly forgot as I left the M1 on the way home, the old Gal clocked up 29,000.............kilometres or 18,023 miles

Motorama

you were there before me and home before me and i only live 5 miles away

Andy

Wooh! What a meet to kick off the year!

Thanks Martin for coming, the photos are brilliant! If you don't mind, I'll add them to the facebook page? (Full credit to you )

I turned up too late to get any decent photos sadly, I guess we were making up for turning up about an hour early for the meet last month!

Awesome selection of cars as per usual though, don't think there's been that many cars at an April meet.

Good meeting up with old and new faces though

F Body

If you don't mind, I'll add them to the facebook page?

No problem Mate, just don't expect to find me there