South Bucks Car Meet

Started by Andy, March 07, 2011, 07:24:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

art b

Quoting: F Body
No problem Mate, just don't expect to find me there

time will tell....

it wasn't that long ago you said you didn't do ebay....
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

Andy

I seem to have 'converted' a few to Facebook with the car meet page, one still looks at it through their mums profile though...

art b

i think we need a northants car meet page...

Andy

Quoting: art b
i think we need a northants car meet page...

Really simple to make Art, literally did our one within an hour. It's establishing it that can be difficult.

Best way I've found is adding the main car clubs that are of the meets interest (MOCGB, CCUK - Both clubs come along) and then just post links in forums.

The ability to 'tag' in wall posts is useful too, as rather than just saying it and hoping they find their way to your page later, adding the hyperlink means that they only have to click it there and then.

Originally I was going to set it up as just a photo dump for the photos of cars that turned up, but now there is some communication going through it with other small local meets too.

art b

ive made a start on the northants meet page,
hey andy which is the best group type to use...?

Andy

I used 'Page' as opposed to 'Groups' because Page make it a bit easier to manage in my opinion. When you post to the wall etc, it pops up in anyone who 'likes' the page wall.

An important thing is to keep it updated

art b

Quoting: Andy

I used 'Page' as opposed to 'Groups' because Page make it a bit easier to manage in my opinion. When you post to the wall etc, it pops up in anyone who 'likes' the page wall.

cool i will ask my fagbook guru daughter...

Andy

Another thing to do is when you use Facebook as the 'Page' like other stuff like Owners clubs etc, then post on their walls. All helps with the publicity a bit.

Tagging is a great feature to use as well. Put at '@' symbol in a wall post, a drop down menu will appear that'll allow you to select other Pages, People and Groups. That post will then appear on their wall, saves have to post over various pages.

For example, after our first meet, I wrote a wall post thanking, the @Vette Owners Club UK and @MOCGB. These all showed up on there wall and it's just a nice way of easy publicity.

art b

Andy

Quoting: art b
heres a link to the northants page...

'Liked'

Rob

art b

cheers guys..

i have added a few more of you as feinds....

Andy

Bumpity bump!

Monthly Meet this Tuesday from 7pm

After the good turn out last meet, we're hoping the weather holds out and more show up

Details on the http://www.facebook.com/pages/Amersham-United-Kingdom/South-Bucks-Classic-Car-and-Bike-Meet/146917875371334\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">Facebook Page - If you haven't liked it yet... do the right thing

F Body

Quoting: Andy
Monthly Meet this Tuesday from 7pm

Unlikely but not impossible

Rob

Unlikely but not impossible

Gonna pop in on my way to work....

Andy

Rob! I saw your car (the smilie gave me a hint...) but I didn't see you until you were pulling away! Saying that, I don't know what many of you look like!

Amazing meet though, had a couple of things working against us. I reckon the Beaconsfield Fair ment a lot of pubs / restaurants in the town were not doing business and ment there were a lot of punters for the restaurant so the car park was quite full even when we were first to arrive at 6:30!

Photos to follow...

art b

great pics, great cars and great venue.....

Andy

Thanks Art!

It really does work out well, even though there was one guy who thought it was a good idea to do a burnout on the main road. Don't know what the landlord thought, but being a NSL and on a blind bend not many people were impressed I don't think.

F Body

Wow a 60 Reg TVR

They went bust end of 2006/ early 2007

Andy

Wow a 60 Reg TVR  

My first thought, but they can still be bought unregistered it seems. Sound bloody awful, there were two there last night and they both gave it beans and they just sounded naff!

Rob

Andy

Here we go again.

Tuesday night will be the June meet for the South Bucks lot, after the previous two meets it's starting to get hard to beat with full car parks at each one, on though with the possibility of rain this one might be harder to sell

Usual place, usual time! If the weather does look good try to get there as soon after 7 to guarantee a space.

Pics to follow!

Harte & Magpies Pub, Magpie Lane, HP7 0LU Amersham, United Kingdom ยท

http://www.facebook.com/pages/South-Bucks-Classic-Car-and-Bike-Meet/146917875371334?sk=info\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">Facebook Page - Info

Motorama

Hope to be there, dont know what in yet

Weather looks dry at present though not very warm

Andy

Quoting: Motorama
Hope to be there, dont know what in yet

That must be a hard decision every month!

Quoting: Motorama
Weather looks dry at present though not very warm

Yep, with todays rain its not exactly looking 'June' weather. Me and Dave will be coming the Camaro I reckon. We still haven't had time to get the car on ramps to check out the steering and see how serious of an issue it is.