Bye Bye Lambo.

Started by F Body, March 16, 2011, 03:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

A jilted Lamborghini owner in China celebrating World Consumer Rights Day by beating the crap out of his six month old Lamborghini Gallardo with some sledgehammer-wielding volunteers

In one instance, the Lamborghini wouldn't start, so the owner had it towed to the local dealer. Upon arrival at the service bay, the owner found that the car had been damaged in transit. No one would claim responsibility and the original non-starting issue still wasn't fixed

The Gallardo owner attempted to escalate the issue within the Lamborghini family, ultimately trying to reach out to Lamborghini CEO Stephan Winkelmann. No response or solution has been offered so the owner has become decidedly frustrated. So frustrated, in fact, that he decided destroying his Lamborghini in public would be the best way to garner attention.

http://www.youtube.com/v/VQRXGthJnQY\">http://www.youtube.com/v/VQRXGthJnQY\" type=\"application/x-shockwave-flash\" wmode=\"transparent\" width=\"425\" height=\"350\">

However, the Lamborghini owner believes that the Chinese people do not get the same level of service found in other markets and get this ???

The cost of vehicle new with very high import taxes was $757,000 USD

FUBAR

Quoting: F Body
very high import taxes

100%
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

minniewinnie

Feel sorry for the non service he got but I've had that with some Chinese electronics i have brought in the past. Just learn from it deal with it and move on to somethig else..

Noticed a few things in the video
1) they don't know how to swing a sledge hammer..
2) obviously has more money than sense as Lamborghini wont give a shit as they have made there money out of him (dont like Italian cars over rated and feel under built and yes I used to like ferries till I looked at one closer at a second hand car place)

Shifty

Quoting: minniewinnie
under built

What a ludicrous statement, I don't even know where to start pulling this comment apart....... so I'm not gona bother.

EDGE

Quoting: F Body
A jilted Lamborghini owner in China celebrating World Consumer Rights Day by beating the crap out of his six month old Lamborghini Gallardo with some sledgehammer-wielding volunteers

what a plick.....

HardRockCamaro

I couldn't agree more re under built.
I saw one (348) that had been stripped to fix an electrical problem, what a nastily made, badly engineered POS.
They're lightweight (not just through exotic materials, they're also flimsy), the suspensions and engine engineering may be top notch if you appreciate the life expectancy of said engine is tiny, but anywhere you can't see is hastily and cheaply thrown together.
I'm sure (well, I hope) they're better these days, but personally I think they're over rated.  They may well be fun to blat around a track, but that's it. I'd prefer a Porsche or Aston, far more useable as a road car and far better made.  And I don't even like Porsche, I just like they way they're built!

Big Mouse

I have to agree with minniewinnie and HRC, they are underbuilt in the areas you can't usually see. You pay for the badge; the truth is you could pay a lot less for the same or better performance.

art b

i think there all fugly....
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

philoldsmobile

Quoting: Shifty
What a ludicrous statement, I don't even know where to start pulling this comment apart....... so I'm not gona bother.

me neither.

HardRockCamaro

Just to be clear, I was talking about Ferrari more than Lambo.
Recent Lambos are pretty decent, but then again they're not really Lambo's anymore imho...

minniewinnie

Quoting: HardRockCamaro
Just to be clear, I was talking about Ferrari more than Lambo

My point as well... I have never really considered a lambo but used to want a Ferrari F40 when i was 19 even had a quote for insurance and they came back with £3000 Third party only with a £7000 excess  to which I said that's no good.... Looked at getting a Ferrari 308 GTS a few years back but it needed a lot of body work and mechanical work to make it good although it was on the road still

Quoting: Big Mouse
You pay for the badge; the truth is you could pay a lot less for the same or better performance.

Tis the same with porsche you go to a main dealer for parts for a 924 and get told HT leads £95 + vat (did not get to the price for the other bits) go to VW with a lead and say match that get a set for £12.99 including VAT so yep you pay for the badge on the car not the build  of the car