Yet more tax increses

Started by minniewinnie, March 30, 2011, 01:44:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

minniewinnie

more tax (and the roads will sill be shit) petrol will still be over priced...I reckon we should have the bloody green party as the government at least then we know before hand they going to screw us over and be forcing us off the road

Cars registered before 1 March 2001 (based on engine size)

Private/light goods (TC11)

Engine size Not over 1549 (cc) 12 months rate £ 130 6 months rate £ 71.50

Engine size Over 1549 12 months rate £215 6 months rate £118.25

For cars registered on or after 1 March 2001
Check DVLA website
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/HowToTaxYourVehicle/DG_10012524\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/HowToTaxYourVehicle/DG_10012524

F Body

No problem with increasing tax on new cars so that you have a choice, but it's just not tennis backing tracking changes to cars 10 over years old

Andy

Quoting: F Body
No problem with increasing tax on new cars so that you have a choice, but it's just not tennis backing tracking changes to cars 10 over years old

It flipping sucks! I think it works out as the third increase on my RFL in 3 years!

Talking about fuel duty, a bunch of my friends have been posting on Facebook that tomorrow is the 'don't buy fuel day' or something...

FUBAR

My road tax has gone up by £5 a year for the last 5 or so years, thats 2.5% (roughly) which is below the rate of inflation...

I assume the pre 72 exemption is still applicable, that would be really mean if they got rid of that.
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

minniewinnie

I saw a Old rover P5 or P6 V8 last weekend at the garage I was at having my caddy done. (I did not take that much notice of model of rover as was trying to help find my wiring problem) and the owner still had displayed alongside the current and free up to date one a tax disc for the year 1971 can you guess how much it was to tax a 3.5 v8 for that build/first year with out looking for it on the www?........ See bottom of post for the answer...

£25

HardRockCamaro

Quoting: FUBAR
My road tax has gone up by £5 a year for the last 5 or so years, thats 2.5% (roughly) which is below the rate of inflation...

Er, no it hasn't....

05-06 = £170
06-07 = £175 (2.94% increase)
07-08 = £180 (2.85% increase)
08-09 = £185 (2.77% increase)
09-10 = £190 (2.70% increase)  <- hmm, you may be right, a fiver a year...  
10-11 = £205 (7.89% increase)  <- ah perhaps not!
11-12 = £215 (4.88% increase)

In total you are paying 22.86% more to tax your car this year than you were this time 5 years ago and the average % increase per year over the last 5 years is 4.22%.  Which is higher than inflation.  Don't ever think the government will ensure you're better off when accounting for inflation...

Big Mouse

Quoting: Andy
Talking about fuel duty, a bunch of my friends have been posting on Facebook that tomorrow is the 'don't buy fuel day' or something...
They never work as not enough people are involved - which is good really because if enough people DID get involved the Exchequer would notice it and probably do a U turn on the recent freeze on fuel duty.