Crap, that was a bad day...... aka I'm one LUCKY bunny.....

Started by philoldsmobile, June 08, 2011, 07:44:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philoldsmobile

involved in an RTA on Tuesday morning, i was stopped in stationary traffic, the car behind me stoped, the car behind him belted into us all at quite some remarkable speed. net result?

two cars and a bike totally written off, a third vehicle (pick up truck) damaged, two ambulances, three police cars and a fire engine needed. the A428 was closed for an hour between 8 and 9 am causing traffic chaos through bedford.

The GPz is dead (bent frame, fuel tank ripped off and every panel smashed) and I'm beyond gutted, but i count my blessings that i've got nothing worse than whiplash and general aches and pains.

I was behind the pickup, the silver audi was behind me, and the silver Vauxhall was behind him, and was the one that caused the accident (everyone else was stationary)

The other thing that was interesting was the police and paramedics agreed that in this instance, me being on the bike actually saved the guys behind me from worse injury while making things no worse for myself either, the bike was catapulted out of the way, giving the audi more room to come to a stop.

ianjpage

Wholly crap  that's a smash and half

Glad to hear you are OK though mate,  I know you love that bike but as you say it could have been so much worse for you!!

So time to look for a replacement GPZ then!!

FUBAR

Glad to hear you are OK Phil, and i'm genuinely gutted for you about the Bike, i know how much you've put into it & to have this happen so soon after you've got it back on the road must be soul destroying.

I know how i'd feel if that was my

Day, but as you say, you're still breathing!
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Jo

art b

what a total wanker tosser prick cock who caused all that grief.....

at least ur ok ...hows ya neck injury....

a claim for that should get a restored gpz 900...
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

philoldsmobile

sore.. very sore.

the shocking thing is that the pics dont look as bad as everything looks in CMG's yard..

philoldsmobile

by the time you factor in helmet, leathers, boots, gloves, and personal injury, not to mention the bike itself I should be able to replace it with something nice..

Incursus

Fieldy

philoldsmobile

Made the local papers website. I'll get mum to keep an eye on the snoozepaper this week

Jamieg285

Pleased that you're OK.

Advice from Debbie, if you haven't already done so, get to the doctors and get your injurires verified and documented. These will be required for a successful injury claim.

philoldsmobile

Thanks, ill make sure that's done, as I do intend to claim. IT KIN HURTS

ianjpage

What ya gunna do with bike - brake for spares or is it proper scrap as-is job ?

art b

art b

Quoting: philoldsmobile

Made the local papers website. I'll get mum to keep an eye on the snoozepaper this week

linky....

Andy

Bloody 'ell!

Put money on the driver being on the phone or something completely f**king stupid like that!

Sad to see your bike K.O'd but as you say, apart from your neck you're doing good.

Amazing how one crap, useless, unattentive driver can cause so much damage and annoyance.

Hopefully the insurance and that don't give you any grief, and that it doesn't hurt your NCB too bad

philoldsmobile

Won't hurt my ncb as I am 100% non fault. Won't know if I can buy the bike back, as its quite likely it will be a cat b due to the frame damage.

Titsy

Quoting: philoldsmobile
Won't hurt my ncb as I am 100% non fault. Won't know if I can buy the bike back, as its quite likely it will be a cat b due to the frame damage.

Don't believe that for a second. I've had two claims that were 100% fault of the third party with all costs reclaimed, and it put my premiums up by over £100. If I get quotes declaring and not declaring the two no fault claims that's the difference...

Typical thieving insurance companies...

art b

Quoting: Andy
Put money on the driver being on the phone or something completely f**king stupid like that!

exactly my 1st thought.....

amongst the worst are young women/gurls who cant drive for more than a few mins with out checking the phone for texts/email/fagebook/updates..

.they pull up at roundabouts and lights and they grab the phone like its some kind of emergency mirror or life support machine..

have a good look out for em next time ur driving...

we were alongside a daft young bint on the m/way [m1 widening a couple of years ago] who was textin,

we shook our heads and wagged our finger.....[like ya do]
travelled a bit further and she had piled straight into the back of stationary traffic,

we couldnt stop as the lane we were in was moving and on the other side of a concrete barrier.....

phones should really be put in the glove box when driving....

philoldsmobile

philoldsmobile

Jamieg285

Quoting: Titsy

Don't believe that for a second. I've had two claims that were 100% fault of the third party with all costs reclaimed, and it put my premiums up by over £100. If I get quotes declaring and not declaring the two no fault claims that's the difference...

Typical thieving insurance companies...

That's not NCB, that's number of claims

NCB is a % off the final price, the more NCB you have the better the discount.
The more claims you've made in the last 3-5 years, the higher the pre-NCB price.
There are fault and no-fault claims, where fault claims put the price up more than no-fault.  Fault claims can be applied even when it's not your fault, i.e. they were'nt able to claim from the other party.

Thieving scum.

philoldsmobile

that's hopeful then, as the consensus is that

a) i'm 100% non fault
b) its 100% one persons fault

wonder how that will change when the insurance companies start to fight...

Titsy

Quoting: Jamieg285
Fault claims can be applied even when it's not your fault, i.e. they were'nt able to claim from the other party.

Annoyingly a full recovery was made in both cases against the parties at fault... But they still put my premiums up as I'm now a statistic...

Quoting: Jamieg285
Thieving scum.

Yup, Motor insurance is legalised theft!

philoldsmobile

Quoting: Titsy
Yup, Motor insurance is legalised theft!

you got that right....