Need new job

Started by ianjpage, July 12, 2011, 07:13:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ianjpage

Anyone know of any jobs going in MK (or very close by) ?

I've had enough of commuting to Hemel each day and not enjoying me job so neeed to find sumamt else soon - not too worried about what it's doing - TBH i'm not even worried if it not IT ... but trouble is IT is what i've done for so long now......

F Body

Jeeze Ian you change jobs more often than I change my underwear

There is an IT type guy who goes to the gym and mentioned that they may have a vacancy working at Heathrow

EDGE

I think I'll be in the same boat soon Ian, this job is finally doing me in!

trouble is, all the jobs I've been looking at require 5-10 years experience, fat chance!!!

I'll think of something........

ianjpage

Quoting: F Body

There is an IT type guy who goes to the gym and mentioned that they may have a vacancy working at Heathrow

ahh...

Quoting: ianjpage
any jobs going in MK (or very close by)

might be too far

Quoting: EDGE

I think I'll be in the same boat soon Ian, this job is finally doing me in!

lol what the "working" from home not suiting you lol

trouble is, all the jobs I've been looking at require 5-10 years experience, fat chance!!!

I'll think of something........

hmm too true

Roadkill

Just for once I feel smug.

I'll keep my ear out . . . there may be stuff at one of my customer's places but that's likely to be Hatfield-based.

ianjpage

Quoting: Roadkill

I'll keep my ear out . . . there may be stuff at one of my customer's places but that's likely to be Hatfield-based.

How far / longs that take you to get there from MK then

Roadkill

About 40+ miles, in between 50 minutes and 1.5 hours.

ianjpage

About 40+ miles, in between 50 minutes and 1.5 hours.

Ah OK shame, hemel is 1hr and i'm fed up with that so up to 1.5hrs

EDGE

lol what the "working" from home not suiting you lol

it's the working 13 hours / day from home that's not suiting me....

ianjpage

it's the working 13 hours / day from home that's not suiting me....

Hm yeah not good

EDGE

nope, it blows cat chow chunks.... im fairly certain that it's just assumed that as I'm at home I can work all hours!

as of last monday, at 1700hrs precisely, I've been stopping work and going out, sod the phone/emails/texts.... probably not the best attitude, but at the moment, bite me !

Fieldy

Good luck Ian, my commute is 10mins, different town though so it feels like a small journey still which is good for the feeling of leaving work....

Why not do some van driving for a while, clear your head? I only took up my job on a temp basis to get some extra cash, 1.5 years later, best job I've ever had!

Again, good luck....

Roadkill

as of last monday, at 1700hrs precisely, I've been stopping work and going out, sod the phone/emails/texts.... probably not the best attitude, but at the moment, bite me !

I'd suggest never becoming a Senior Project Manager.

ianjpage

Quoting: Fieldy

Why not do some van driving for a while, clear your head? I only took up my job on a temp basis to get some extra cash, 1.5 years later, best job I've ever had!

Hmm, depends on how much it pays sadly, if i had a choice that didn't revolve around needing a specific income level then i'd quite happily do more or less any job!

Will have to see what the rates / requirements are ...

EDGE

I'd suggest never becoming a Senior Project Manager.

if our work was properly project managed we wouldn't have an on-going deadline of "the day before yesterday"

on the plus side, I just spoke to my old tutor from uni, he's just installed some 'eqiupment' which is better than what the F1 guys are using, he's sent me the manual and a TON of stuff to read, he rekons that if I get on board early enough it'll launch me in to the job market in 18 months time at the very tip of the leading edge of this particular tech... thats the BEST place to be.  At the moment, teams and manufacturers are poaching people with 1 months knowledge for ridiculous sums of money....

fingers crossed....

Fieldy

I earn between £7.20 and £12.80 per hour dependent on time of day and OT, EG, Sundays and evening pay more etc.....

The rates would be higher for you being nearer London etc (nearer than me, I work in the lowest paid depot for our particular company)

Not bad money, keeps the 2 cars on the road and I have my wife & 2 kids to think of.... Just an idea if you wanted a change of enviroment.

Rob

Jobs going at my place.

Maintaining Pendolino trains for Virgin.....

£40k pa

ianjpage

Quoting: Rob

Jobs going at my place.

Maintaining Pendolino trains for Virgin.....

£40k pa

Hmm, OK got any links or anything for job info - what needed etc?

Quoting: Fieldy

I earn between £7.20 and £12.80 per hour dependent on time of day and OT, EG, Sundays and evening pay more etc.....

The rates would be higher for you being nearer London etc (nearer than me, I work in the lowest paid depot for our particular company)

Not bad money, keeps the 2 cars on the road and I have my wife & 2 kids to think of.... Just an idea if you wanted a change of enviroment.

Hmm could be worthwhile looking into ....

Rob

got any links or anything for job info - what needed etc?

https://alstom.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">https://alstom.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl

Andy

Cunning Plan

Anyone know of any jobs going

PM'd you.
1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

ianjpage

Quoting: Cunning Plan

PM'd you.

Rob

Quoting: Andy
Job no longer available!

Sorry. It appears that it won't link directly.  You have to go through their stupid careers search engine.

Just search UK jobs from here and look for Team Member A.

https://alstom.taleo.net/careersection/2/moresearch.ftl?lang=en\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">https://alstom.taleo.net/careersection/2/moresearch.ftl?lang=en

Production Managers wanted too.

ianjpage

Andy

Quoting: Rob
Sorry. It appears that it won't link directly. You have to go through their stupid careers search engine.

Just search UK jobs from here and look for Team Member A.

Qualify for all of that except the knowledge of trains! Does a Hornby set count for anything?

In all seriousness, what's the job like? (I'm thinking of a change too)